September 12, 2014

34 & 35 Weeks

How far along are you?  I am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant today! 32 days left until our due date!

Gender: It's a BOY!
Can I just say that I LOVE when I tell people that I am having a boy that their first response is ALWAYS..."Aww, little boys sure looooooooove their mamas!". It is like music to my ears! Clearly I am hormonal because just typing that makes me tear up! LOL. 

How big is the baby? A little over 18 inches long and about 5.25 lbs, which is the size of a honeydew melon!

More about this week from Baby Center:


"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."


Total Weight Gain: I am sitting at about 17 lbs right now. I have been SO stressed about my weight gain throughout this entire pregnancy and now that I am nearing the end, I have kind of come to terms with it, especially knowing I will be back to losing weight in about a month!


How I’m feeling: My body is a HURTIN'! But I am reminding myself that all of these aches and pains are WORTH it! I am having a lot more contractions lately and a lot more pains throughout my pelvis and legs. My body aches though, are nothing in comparison to how I have been feeling mentally and emotionally. My emotions are all over the place and some of them make me feel quite guilty. Being uncomfortable all the time makes me sometimes wish I wasn't pregnant anymore. Even typing that makes me feel flooded with guilt. I am only 35 weeks, I should not be wishing my little guy was here because he isn't fully developed yet. I find myself googling how to induce labor naturally, etc. WHY?! Selfish me wants to have my body back and wants to not be in pain anymore, but the mommy inside of me feels so incredible awful for even thinking about wanting him here sooner than he is ready. As anxious as I am to meet him and to get my body back, I really want my little guy to be healthy. I feel awful for wishing he was here sooner than his due date. Also, starting to really stress about postpartum. I have read so much about the mood swings, baby blues, bleeding, tearing, stitches, swelling, going to the bathroom postpartum, sweating, exhaustion, etc. That all sounds scarier than the entire nine months of pregnancy! My husband will be able to stay home for a week or two, but then I am on my own for the rest of my maternity leave. How will I care for myself and this tiny infant? I need to keep reminding myself that my sweet little boy will be here in HIS OWN time, when HE is ready. I can wish him here all I want, but I want him to be fully baked and healthy as can be. That being said, I really cannot wait to meet the little guy I have been carrying for the last 9+ months.
35 Weeks

Maternity clothes: I have about a handful of items that fit me right now. I may have to start wearing things from my husbands side of the closet if my belly grows much more. 

Favorite workouts: Lots of walks. I am trying my best to walk on my lunch break when I can and also after work. I am still weight lifting with my husband occasionally too. I can tell my ligaments in my hips/groin area loosening up for baby. When I walk for long periods of time, it feels like something is about to dislocate or pull. I also get a LOT of contractions while working out, so I feel like I really need to be careful.

Stretch Marks: My tummy has a lot of veins, but, knock on wood, I don't think I haven any stretch marks yet. I have a lot of old ones from when I gained weight years ago, so it would not surprise me if I get new ones as I get bigger. 


Cravings: Oh, cravings. I was hoping I would be one of those lucky pregnant women who craves fruits and veggies. But no, I am one of those pregnant ladies who craves disgusting unhealthy foods. Chips, french fries, chicken nuggets, candy, cheese, salt, etc. I literally have to FORCE myself to eat healthy these days. Its a real struggle. I want to be healthy for my little guy and I wouldn't want him eating that kind of junk, so that helps me stay motivated to eat healthy.


Sleep:  What sleep? I wake up about every hour or two to use the bathroom at night. Lately, ALL of my dreams are about babies. Whether its preparing for labor, taking care of a baby, getting ready for baby to be here, etc. Clearly, I am ready for this baby!
Best moment this weekI finally decided when would be my last day of work before my maternity leave. October 3rd. I wasn't planning on taking any time off before I go into labor (I am not due until the 14th), but I have saved up all my vacation for the year and found out it will go to waste if I don't take off some time before my due date. I think this is a blessing in disguise. I have been so stressed about all the things I want to do before I go into labor and this will hopefully give me a little time to get those things done (unless he decides to arrive early). I have never taken days off work unless I actually have something to do, so I am kind of looking forward to that down time before our lives change forever. Knowing I have three weeks of work left kind of makes things feel more real! Very exciting for me!

Movement: His movements are changing, that is for sure. You can tell he is running out of room because his movements used to feel like kicks and punches and now it just feels like slow moving lava. There are not too many distinct movements anymore, more like slow movements that move my entire belly!
Food aversions: I don't have too many food aversions lately. 
Belly button in or outIn still, but getting smaller by the day! Wouldn't surprise me if it disappeared soon!
35 Weeks
What I Miss: I miss being able to breathe. I find that I have to watch tv while leaning forward on an exercise ball. He is pressing on my lungs and I almost have to hang my belly while on the ball to relieve some pressure so I can breathe. I constantly feel out of breath!


What I’m looking forward to: We are taking another baby class next weekend. This class is all about how to take care of baby (diaper changing, bathing, etc). Looking forward to this one because, let's be honest, I don't know a lot about babies! Also, I am really looking forward to the day I go into labor. I don't know why, but I feel so ready and I am really looking forward to labor beginning, even though I know it will be painful!

Baby Buys: I think it is safe to say I am all done in this department! Last weekend, my mom and I went to Babies R Us and did a last run through for the things I needed. We bought a crib mattress protector, baby bath, hangers, a couple outfits, a baby memory book, home safety things, receiving blankets and more sheets. There are still a few things we will need down the road, but I think they can wait until he is a couple months old!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment