July 15, 2014

26 & 27 Weeks


How far along are you?  I am 27 weeks today which is the start of the third trimester! Only 13 weeks left! AHH!

Gender: It's a BOY!

How big is the baby? A little over 14.5 inches and weighs about 2 lbs, the size of a cauliflower! 

More about this week from Baby Center:

"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 
14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."



Total Weight Gain: I am up about 13-14 lbs right now. My weight definitely fluctuates a lot day to day. I am walking everyday on my lunch break, working out in the evenings and eating really healthy. I feel a lot better about my weight gain knowing I am doing everything I possibly can to make sure all of my weight gain is healthy weight only. I was a lot more lax in the beginning of my pregnancy about what I was eating, which I think caused me to stress more about my weight gain. All I can do is get lots of exercise and eat healthy. If I still gain weight, at least I know it is for the health of my baby boy.





How I’m feeling: I have been having some pretty bad back pain and sciatic nerve pain, which is then causing some headaches. The nerve pain is the worst in the evening and makes it nearly impossible to get up without help. Exercise does seem to help the pain go away a little bit thankfully. Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good. Everyone says I am growing, but I don't see it!

Maternity clothes: Ugh. I swear, there are like literally two stores that carry maternity clothes. I am going camping soon and realized I am going to need a pair of shorts since it is going to be in the upper 80's. For the last month or so, I have refused to buy more clothes and have been just rewearing things often. When I was in the maternity store at the mall, I had a breakdown. The shorts were all skin tight, even when I went up in size. When I looked in the mirror, I just felt like I looked so BIG. I saw my old self in the mirror for a second and it freaked me out. I bought the shorts anyways and thankfully they have stretched out. After getting shorts, I was in need of a looser tank top, something that would allow me to breathe. I was amazed that I couldn't even fit into non-maternity shirts. They were either too short or skin tight. Definitely didn't help my self-esteem! There are so many pregnant women in this world, you would think that stores would carry maternity clothes. Everything seems to be only online.

Favorite workouts: I am doing Les Mills Pump and PiYo. PiYo has been amazing so far, love that I still burn a ton of calories without getting my heart rate too high all while stretching my body. Feels so good! I have also been adding in 1.5-2 mile inclined walks on my lunch breaks.







Stretch Marks: I still have one faint purple mark but not sure if it is a stretch mark or a darker vein. Using lotions in the morning and evening. 



Cravings: I have had intense cravings for Puff Cheetos this week, thankfully, I haven't given in yet! Also, sweet potato fries! 


Sleep:  My sleep has improved! I have even had two nights in the last week where I didn't have to get up and use the bathroom! Win! 
Best moment this week: I love watching my little boy roll around in my tummy at night. When I lay back, you can actually see where he is at in my tummy. I could sit there and watch him move all day and night. Can't wait to hold him in my arms! 

Movement: Baby B is a very active little boy. I am now to the point where I can feel him several times an hour! Sometimes, I will drink a tiny bit of orange juice in the evenings and then go lay in bed. Baby B goes CRAZY! He is getting big enough that I can now feel him on both sides of my tummy when he is stretching. The second I tell my husband to watch him move, he stops! What a little stinker!
Food aversions: I don't have too many food aversions lately. 
Belly button in or outIn and stretching! Don't think it will be going out.
What I Miss: Being able to move with ease. I struggle to even put on my shoes these days.

What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to our birth classes next month.  I feel like we are kind of at a stand still right now. The nursery is mostly complete and so there is not much left to do for right now. Once August and September come around, I think I will feel much more busy. We are doing our birth classes the first two weekends in August. Looking forward to those!
Baby Buys: We have put the buying on hold for now, but we did get this print in the mail and finally framed.  I saw this print on Pinterest a couple weeks after we found out we were expecting and I was in tears after reading it. This has been the initial inspiration for Baby B's nursery!





Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment