July 3, 2014

24 & 25 Weeks



How far along are you?  I am 25 weeks and 2 days. Less than 15 weeks left, so crazy!

Gender: It's a BOY!

How big is the baby? A little over 13.5 inches and weighs about 1.5 lbs, the size of a rutabaga! 

More about this week from Baby Center:

"Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — 1 1/2 pounds — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture
."

Total Weight Gain: I am up 9 lbs right now. I was complaining to my doctor about my weight gain at my last appointment. She said the woman who came in right before me was only 20 weeks along and was already up 44 lbs, so she told me not to worry about 9 lbs. I am supposed to gain about a pound a week from now until the end of my pregnancy. My doctor said I can't necessarily eat less because the baby needs the nutrients, but if I am worried about weight gain, the best thing I can do is increase my cardio.  I feel like I have done more weight lifting during my pregnancy, so I have been trying to incorporate more cardio lately. 



How I’m feeling: I am feeling ok. I am finding I get offended much easier than I used to. I was telling my husband this week that I am SO surprised how many men will come up to me and tell me how huge I have got. Men, you should never tell a woman she is huge. I am well aware I am getting bigger by the day, it does not need to be pointed out to me. My husband reminded me though how I used to get offended when people would tell me I am tiny. I guess you just shouldn't comment on how a woman looks during pregnancy haha. I like that I am noticeably pregnant, but depending on the day and my mood, when someone points it out to me, I really don't like it. I love my growing belly because it is my son inside there, but it still makes me so aware that I am gaining weight and that reminder isn't pleasant at times. I am starting to get heartburn lately, which I have been told could mean our sweet little boy is going to have a full head of hair. Who knows though! Also, I definitely am feeling the pressure on my lungs. Laying down or even sitting down, I sometimes feel like I can't take a full breath.

Maternity clothes: Living in maternity clothes now. I don't have a huge selection of summer maternity clothes. I have three maxi dresses and a pair of capris. I really don't want to have to invest in more shorts or dresses, but I may need to. 

Favorite workouts: I am doing Les Mills Pump and PiYo. PiYo has been amazing so far, love that I still burn a ton of calories without getting my heart rate too high all while stretching my body. Feels so good!

Stretch Marks: I still have one faint purple mark but not sure if it is a stretch mark or a darker vein. Using lotions in the morning and evening. My skin feels so itchy lately, doing my best to lotion my skin rather than itch!



Cravings: Ever since I started taking extra folic acid, my cravings have basically disappeared. This is great but at the same time, it makes deciding what to eat much more difficult. I did have one craving for some sweet potato fries this week. We baked some sweet potato fries and they were amazing! Other than that, I have been eating really healthy, trying to eat more protein throughout the day to keep myself feeling full.


Sleep:  I haven't been sleeping too great in the past two weeks. Seems like I am tired all day, but when it is time for bed, I can't seem to fall asleep. I am up going to the bathroom half the night, and the rest of the night I am having nightmares about murders and stillborn babies. So terrifying to the point that I would just rather wake up than have another bad dream. I still love my snoogle, but lately it doesn't seem to make me any more comfortable while sleeping. 
Best moment this weekMy favorite moment each day is laying in bed at night and eating a Skinny Cow Caramel Truffle bar and watching Baby B move in my tummy. By the way, if anyone out there has sweet cravings, these bars are amazing. Only 100 calories, 12 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber and they are rated a B- on Fooducate. These are my go to guilt free treats in the evenings! Anyways, when I eat these treats, Baby B starts doing somersaults and practicing his karate kicks in my tummy. I could just stare at my tummy all night and watch it move. He is a pretty active little boy, but there is something so special about being able to watch him move. Just makes pregnancy feel more real. 

Movement: Baby B is a very active little boy. I find that he is more active during the week when I am sitting more often rather than on the weekends when I am up and about all day. I love feeling him move around in my tummy.
Food aversions: I don't have too many food aversions lately. Salads are becoming less appealing for some reason though.
Belly button in or outIn and stretching! Don't think it will be going out.
What I Miss: Being able to lay on my back and tummy. I used to sleep on my back and stomach, so sleeping on my side is not the most comfortable thing in the world!
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to our birth classes next month.  I feel like we are kind of at a stand still right now. The nursery is mostly complete and so there is not much left to do for right now. Once August and September come around, I think I will feel much more busy. We are doing our birth classes the first two weekends in August. Looking forward to those!

Baby Buys: We have put the buying on hold for now. Think I am starting to get a little overwhelmed at everything else I think we need to get. Trying to step back and really think about the things we will actually need. So many things aren't needed until a baby is 6+ months old, so they are probably things I do not need to get right this minute. It is really hard to guess at what is necessary and what is unnecessary. I just don't want to waste money on things we don't need. If you all have suggestions on what is needed and what is not needed, it would be greatly appreciated!


Jess

1 comments:

  1. You have to get a Rock and Play Sleeper! It works well as a bassinet and is easy to fold up small and take places - like camping or to anyone's home...pretty much anywhere the e the nasal bulb syringes don't work and tons of nipple cream if you plan on breast feeding.

    Oh and most insurance will cover a breast pump 100% but you need a prescription from your doctor. Ask your docot about it and get a list of stores that accept insurance and get a super nice double pump for free!

    ReplyDelete