June 18, 2014

23 Weeks


How far along are you?  I am 23 weeks and 1 day. Crazy to think I am already in the sixth month (based on the calendar I am using below).

Gender: It's a BOY!

How big is the baby? A little over 11 inches and a little more than a pound, the size of a papaya! 

More about this week from Baby Center:

"
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about the size of a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.."

Total Weight Gain: I am up 8.5 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I feel like my weight jumped a lot from last week. Makes me happy that Baby B is growing, yet also makes me want to cry. I don't know if I will ever get used to seeing the scale go up each week. I wish there was a specific weight I should shoot to be each week. How will I know if I am gaining too much or too little? I am trying to remind myself that this weight is Baby B, extra blood, fluid, etc. It's not just fat. I am well aware I will be gaining weight, so I need to suck it up and get used to it. But at the same time, I am more worried if my weight gain is within the healthy range. I gained almost 5 weeks since last week. If I keep that up, I will gain 85 lbs in this pregnancy. Can you tell I am a Finance person? Always calculating trends haha. I am also reminding myself that before last week, I had really only gained 3 lbs in this entire pregnancy. I am eating healthy. I am meal prepping every day, forcing myself to eat healthy foods when I am really craving something not so healthy. I always tell people, focus on how you feel, not what the scale says. I am doing my best to do that, but I think I am so afraid of gaining too much weight and harming my baby boy. I am probably really over thinking things, but goodness, I am really struggling with this!


How I’m feeling: Minus the fact that I am having a minor freak out about my weight, I feel alright. I have had some back pain this week and also some low pelvic cramping. Called my doc, but got no call back. I am pretty sure they are just round ligament pains from my belly growing. Definitely starting to feel more tired that I have been in previous weeks. I find myself ready for bed pretty early and dozing off right after dinner. Having weeks like this make this pregnancy feel like it is taking forever. Thinking that I have 17 more weeks to go is killing me. October just seems so far away. Some days, I really enjoy being pregnant and other days it is just flat out exhausting.

Also...I feel like someone needs to write a book about all of the strange things that happen to you when you are pregnant that no one tells you. Everyday, I am amazed at the gross things happening to my body. Yes, pregnancy is a beautiful thing...but the belching, sweating, passing gas, mood swings and discharge are not so beautiful. Someone really should have warned me (and my poor husband) about these things! 

Maternity clothes: Living in maternity clothes now. Shirts I bought early on in my pregnancy are starting to not fit me anymore. My wardrobe is pretty limited and I am ok with it. 

Favorite workouts: I am doing Les Mills Pump and I am enjoying it so far. I feel pretty limited when it comes to exercise because I usually feel in pain afterwards. Light walking and weight lifting is what I have been sticking to.

Stretch Marks: I am seeing some purple marks. Not sure if they are veins or if they are the beginning of stretch marks. Bought new cream this week, hoping it delays the process. Have a feeling its only a matter of time though. Doing my best to be ok with it.

Cravings: Everything I shouldn't eat. I just want sugar and crunchy salty food. Normally when you say no to cravings, they go away. This time though, they are just getting stronger. I feel like my appetite is out of control this week. I wake up starving and usually go to bed starving. No matter how much I eat, I always feel hungry. Doing my best to eat a solid portion of clean food and then stop. I don't think its possible for me to feel full anymore. Here are a few of my meals below. I find myself sticking to the basics lately and just forcing myself to eat what is on my plate.








Sleep:  Sleeping like a baby, thanks to my Snoogle. Seriously, I never want to go back to using an actual pillow! I still have been waking up pretty early and I get up about once each night to go to the bathroom. Stomach is getting heavy and I have been shoving a blanket under my stomach for extra support.
Best moment this week: Getting Baby B's crib bedding all set up and hanging some of the wall decorations. His room finally looks ready for him and looks like an actual baby's room.

Movement: I am definitely feeling more movement and a couple of his kicks I can see on the outside! I find he moves more in the mid morning and evening, especially if I have my hands on my belly. He likes to kick my hand! I feel so connected to him when he moves. 
Food aversions: Honestly, I wish I had some food aversions. But, all food looks incredibly amazing. I find myself wanting to eat anything and everything in site.
Belly button in or outIn and stretching! Don't think it will be going out.
What I Miss: Being able to move with ease. I feel like I can barely move in the evenings without being in pain.
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to my husband being able to feel Baby B's movement.  He thinks he has felt one kick, but looking forward to it happening more often!

Baby Buys: We bought some more clothes for the baby. Bought a boppy that I found for half off! Also bought wooden letters to spell his name out, we spray painted them blue to match the room and hung them above some Etsy prints I bought!


Sneak Peek at Baby B's Room!

Framed these prints over Baby B's crib
Just bought this on Etsy!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment