June 10, 2014

22 Weeks

How far along are you?  I am 22 weeks today! 

Gender: It's a BOY!

How big is the baby? 11 inches and about 1 pound, the size of a spaghetti squash! Seems so big to me!

More about this week from Baby Center:

"At 11 inches and almost 1 pound (about the size of a spaghetti squash), your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment.

If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily."

Total Weight Gain: I am up 3 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am thankful my weight gain has been minimal and healthy. But...You know that scene in The Santa Claus where Tim Allen is at the doctor's office and grabs a hold of his belly and shakes it? That is a pretty accurate visual of how I feel LOL.


How I’m feeling: Feeling pretty good lately! Got a little bit of a heat rash on my tummy this weekend! I definitely find myself overheating and sweating a lot more than usual! Doing my best to keep cool and hydrated. I usually feel the best in the mornings and day time, evenings are when I start feeling extra pregnant. Back usually aches a bit and I just feel big. I find myself needing help off the couch and out of bed. I get weird pains in my SI joint when getting up! Overall though, I really do feel good. Can't complain! One thing I am amazed by is how much I already feel like a Mom. I kind of thought that feeling would happen after my child was born, but I definitely feel like my mommy instincts are kicking in already. Every little thing we do and every choice we make, we find ourselves asking if that is what is best for Baby B first. He isn't even here yet, but he is the center of our universe already. I just never thought it was possible to love and care THIS MUCH about someone you've never even met yet. There is such a strong bond between us already and it just makes my heart feel so full. I find myself sitting in his room before work in the mornings, just drinking my coffee and feeling him move around. Just kind of in awe of our sweet baby boy.

Maternity clothes: Loving my maternity clothes. Finding that my non-maternity shirts are too short for me now. Next hurdle is a bathing suit. Do pregnant women wear bikinis? Should I go out and get a maternity suit? My husband and I love to lay out by the pool and read. I have been wearing my bikini, but I find I feel a tad uncomfortable in it. I always vent to my husband that I am afraid someone is going to think I am a bad mom for wearing a bikini in public. Thoughts? 

Favorite workouts: I am working out with a trainer at work twice a week. We do a circuit of different workouts and we do weight lifting too. I have stopped doing any high intensity cardio. Body just can't handle it! For cardio, I have been doing a lot of walking in the evenings with my husband. Speed walking gets my heart rate up to 140 bpm. This weekend, I also got Les Mills Pump and I am LOVING it! Mainly just a weight lifting program that I can do from home, also comes with a barbell and weights. So far, the only thing I have had to modify is the floor exercises. I modify them by doing those exercises on an exercise ball.  Weight lifting has always been my favorite type of workout, so I love that I am able to do this program while pregnant.

Stretch Marks: None yet, thankfully! I am using bio oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream for stretch marks. My skin is definitely getting tighter and I am starting to see more veins. Really hoping that I don't get any stretch marks, but I know there is really nothing I can do about them!

Cravings: 
Can't say I have had any specific cravings this week, except corn of course! My need for sugar is thankfully going away. My husband and I have been doing better about meal planning and prepping, so we have been eating really healthy. I find the healthier I eat, the more active Baby B is and the fewer cravings I have! I still get really hungry right before bed, so I am trying my best to eat a little bit of a larger dinner!



Sleep:  Sleeping like a baby, thanks to my Snoogle. Seriously, I never want to go back to using an actual pillow! I still have been waking up pretty early and I get up about once each night to go to the bathroom. Other than that, I sleep really well!
Best moment this weekPutting together Baby B's stroller, crib and dresser. Feels so good to get those things set up and get his room put together. Its no longer a junk room, its his room. Makes my heart happy!



MovementBaby B is most active when I am still. I can't feel him much when I am up moving around, but once I sit down and lounge, he moves like crazy. I still can't tell if I can feel his movements on the outside. I always sit with both my hands on my bare belly in the evenings, and I always get excited when I feel him move. Feels like I am feeling the movements with my hand, but when my husband quickly puts his hand on my belly, he never can feel anything! Can't wait for my husband to feel his little kicks and dance moves. Best feeling in the world.
Food aversions: Honestly, I wish I had some food aversions. But, all food looks incredibly amazing. I find myself wanting to eat anything and everything in site.
Belly button in or outIn. Don't think it will be going out.
What I Miss: Being able to get up without help. I feel like such an old woman!
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to my husband being able to feel Baby B's movement.  I feel like it has helped me bond so much with him, so I can't wait for my husband to have that experience too!

Baby Buys: We bought the dresser this last weekend and his bedding! I had been debating about a dresser for a long time. Do you buy something that the baby can grow with or do you buy something to fit the nursery. For the nursery, we wanted white furniture. Not sure why, just have always thought white fits a baby room. Love how bright it is too! Darker furniture has always seemed too old for a baby! But, when our little boy gets older, I don't see us buying him white furniture. I see him having darker furniture with a sports theme maybe (depends what he is interested in of course). So we decided to go with a cheaper plain white dresser from Ikea. Something that will be a part of the nursery and passed to our next baby. The bedding is a soft baby blue and white. Wanted something a little simpler that we could spice up with decorations on the walls and shelves. 
Going to frame this above the crib with Baby B's name!
Dresser
Just missing the mattress...and Baby B!
Favorite Read of the WeekMy Wife is Not the Same Woman I Married

Not pregnancy related, but this is such a great article about marriage. So many marriages are quick to end in divorce these days because the person they married 'changed'. Yes, of course people change, its inevitable. Neither my husband or I are the same people we were on our wedding day. We change daily, love is all about choice. We have to wake up each day and choose to love the person we see. 

"We choose to love. And that is the only thing that will never change". Ah, love it!


Jess

2 comments:

  1. You have such a cute little baby bump! I craved all things fruit! I also craved peanut butter toast with a glass of OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hi! I know I'm a little late to the party - but thoughts from a non-mom who can be sometimes fairly judgmental of people (not ever vocally, but just trying to be honest.) I don't see a major deal with bikinis while pregs. Honestly? I'd rather see the boobs and butt (mostly) covered, whatever the rest of the body status. I mean, I look forward to the day that I can wear a bikini proudly PERIOD, much less while pregs. So if you're happy with your body and not worried about sharing it with the world, rock your beautiful self in whatever makes you happy. Keep it rocking!

    ReplyDelete