May 29, 2014

20 Weeks


How far along are you?  I am 20 weeks and 2 days! Crazy that I am already to the halfway point of this pregnancy! 

How big is the baby? 10 inches and 10.5 ounces, the size of a banana! The baby is now measured from head to toe now, rather than head to bottom!


"Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
"

Total Weight Gain: I am up 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight now. Seeing the weight gain at the doctor's office yesterday didn't make me feel good! But, I keep reminding myself that its healthy for me and the baby to gain weight (healthy weight!). Really working to make sure that I am eating healthy and exercising still.


How I’m feeling: I have been feeling good lately! I still have the usual pregnancy aches and pains, but overall feeling really good. I have been extra hungry lately. I feel like I could eat all day and all night and never get full. Doing my best to eat without over doing it. I refuse to think I am eating for two. Doctor said I only need an extra 300 calories a day, which isn't much! Really trying to not let the weight gain get to my head. I just feel so huge (even though I am no where near how big my tummy will get!). Struggling to not let it upset me!

Maternity clothes: I basically live in my maternity clothes now! Most regular shirts are too short on me now!

Favorite workouts: Still doing modified T25 and going on long walks in the evening with my hubby. Going to start incorporating more weight lifting this week!

Stretch Marks: None yet, thankfully! I am using bio oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream for stretch marks.

Cravings: Corn on the cob and sugar. I have never had a sweet tooth before, but now I want to eat ALL THE SUGAR!



Sleep:  My snoogle has been a lifesaver. Makes sleeping on my side much more comfortable! I have been sleeping really good lately, no complaints! Weird dreams are getting less weird. Lots of dreams about a baby girl...maybe Baby Dukes is a girl?
Best moment this weekSeeing the baby yawn and wiggle around on the Sonogram. I loved getting to see the heart beat. So amazing that you can see all four chambers of the heart on the screen. Loved it!

MovementBaby was pretty lazy early this week, but after our doctor's appointment, it has been kicking like crazy. I am starting to feel the movements with my hand now, not just internally.
Food aversions: Some meats still. But generally enjoying food these days...maybe a little too much!
Belly button in or outIn.
What I Miss: Being able to workout like I used to. Tough getting so tired and having aches and pains. 
What I’m looking forward to: Our gender reveal party on Sunday! I tried to peek at the sonogram and see if I could see anything, but I couldn't. The nurse wrote the gender in a card and we gave it to the family members throwing the party for us. I always thought Baby Dukes was a boy, but now I am thinking its maybe a girl. I have no clue! Can't wait to finally know what we are having. More than anything though, just happy our baby is healthy!

Favorite Weekly Read: Before You Were Mommy

Baby Buys: We haven't bought anything lately. Really trying to wait until we find out the gender until we really start shopping.  Below is the inspiration for the baby's room though! This quote makes me cry every time I read it! So emotional LOL. Looking to do grey with either baby pink or baby blue with white furniture! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment