May 21, 2014

18 & 19 Weeks


How far along are you?  I am 19 weeks and 1 day today! Finally starting to feel like I am pregnant and not just chubby! I always am so surprised when people notice I am pregnant. Sometimes I forget that my belly is more visible these days! I love it though. Can't believe next week is already the halfway point. I feel like I have been pregnant forever, but I am still surprised how fast it has gone! First trimester went by so slow because I was so anxious to tell the world that I was pregnant. Second trimester has been going so fast! I just cannot wait to meet our sweet baby! Makes me cry just thinking about it! I am such a hormonal mess haha!

How big is the baby? 6 inches and 8.5 ounces, the size of a mango!


More about week 19 from Baby Center:


19 Weeks

"Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of an heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid."


Total Weight Gain: I am 1 lb away from my pre-pregnancy weight since I lost weight in the first trimester.

Vitamins: I am taking these Prenatals about three times a week and I am drinking Shakeology on the other days. 

Stretch Marks: None yet, thankfully! I am using bio oil and Palmer's Cocoa Butter cream for stretch marks.

How I’m feeling: I have been feeling really good the past two weeks. No cramping, heartburn or headaches! Did wake up with fuzzy vision, dizzy and a massive headache today though! Doctor made sure Baby Dukes still had a strong heartbeat today and checked my blood pressure. Hoping this migraine goes away and I can go back to feeling great! Maybe this comes along with being pregnant, but my anxiety is pretty high lately. I pray everyday for a happy and healthy baby, but I can't help but worry about the baby and how it's doing. I feel so much relief after each appointment when I hear the heartbeat. Maybe its a mom thing? Maybe I worry too much? Combination of the two most likely! 

Maternity clothes: Loving maternity clothes. Amazing how much better I feel in them. They make me feel pregnant rather than fat.

Favorite workouts: Still doing modified T25 and going on long walks in the evening with my hubby.


Sleep:  Still loving my snoogle! Been sleeping really good lately and have been sleeping through the whole night without needing bathroom breaks. Last weekend I actually slept in until 8:30 am, which was late for me! 
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby kick and hearing its heartbeat again today. I wish I could listen to it's heartbeat all day long, there is no sweeter sound!
MovementI can feel the baby move everyday now. Very active in the mid morning and around dinner time.
Food aversions: Still meat. I have been eating more chicken though and am feeling less grossed out by beef.

Cravings: Corn on the cob, steamed artichokes and gluten free chocolate chip cookies. If I could have corn on the cob for breakfast, lunch and dinner...I totally would.
Belly button in or outIn.
What I Miss: Being able to move! I have a tough time getting up off the couch lately! Also really missing being able to sleep on my back and stomach. 
What I’m looking forward to: I am looking forward to our appointment next Wednesday! We get to do the gender ultrasound. We are then doing a gender reveal party to find out the gender together with our families! Going to be tough waiting a few days after the appointment to find out the gender! I am guessing its a boy, but as long as our sweet baby is healthy and happy, we will be happy no matter the gender!

Baby Buys: We got a crib! We have not set it up yet, but we are looking forward to it! We are slowly registering and trying to figure out which items we actually need and which we don't. Once we find out the gender, I am sure we will start setting up the nursery! Can't wait! We walked around Babies R Us this last weekend for several hours. So many different products, it was almost overwhelming. I could look at baby stuff forever though, its so cute! 

Jess

Connect with me:
mrsdukesfitspo@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment