August 2, 2013

My Body Shaper


This is my shaper, one of my many shapers. Most people don't go around posting pictures of their under garments, but this particular under garment has been important to me.  This was the first shaper I ever purchased.  Being fat is really uncomfortable, but this shaper made me feel ok in my own skin and hid my ever present muffin top. 

 I have worn a shaper every single day for the last two years.  Everyday, no matter what.  I literally would purchase clothing around my shapers.  Meaning, I never bought tank tops or anything strapless because I couldn't wear my shaper with it.  How pathetic.  I was so attached to these shapers, yet I was also so embarrassed by them. Although these shapers gave me confidence and comfort, they also made me realize how much weight I had actually gained.  I wouldn't need a shaper if I hadn't gained all this weight. 

So for the last two years, I have worn a shaper. One of my many goals of losing weight was to 'burn my shaper'.  I am so sick of having to wear this tight, constricting shaper every single day of my life. This week, however, I made a decision.  No more shapers.  Enough is enough.  I have lost almost 50 lbs and I don't need to hide behind my shapers anymore.  I don't need a shaper to give me confidence to leave the house anymore. So, for the last three days, I have not worn my shaper.  Let me tell you, I feel so FREE! I forgot how good it felt to not need a shaper, to have enough confidence without one.  Want to know the coolest part? With or without my shaper, I don't have a muffin top anymore.  I love it.

This first picture was taken last October, right when I made the decision to lose weight. Second picture is today, August 2nd. 
This first picture was taken July 2011, right when I started to gain all of my weight.  Second picture is today, August 2nd.  So much happier!

Jess

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Can I have your shaper?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for such useful posts…these posts are helpful to give shape to the body…. Keep updating these type of valuable posts …

    ReplyDelete