April 15, 2013

Weekend In Review


I had a great weekend, hope you all did too!  I went wine tasting on Friday night and then relaxed at home with my dogs.  I slept in Saturday morning, feel like I haven't slept in on the weekend in forever! I went to the gym and I ran about three miles.  I ended up getting a blister on my foot, so I decided to stop running and lift some weights.  I lifted back, chest, hamstrings, quads and glutes.  I usually don't lift that much, but since I cut my cardio short, I decided to spend more time lifting.  Felt really good! 

On Sunday morning, I went shopping with a friend.  I feel like I need new clothes because none of my old summer clothes fit me anymore.  Last summer, I remember going shopping for summer clothes.  I was lucky if I could find a tank top that looked ok or a pair of capris.  I have always wanted to be able to wear cute summer dresses and cute heels, but I never felt very comfortable in them because I hated my legs. While out shopping yesterday, I found not only one, but two dresses that I really liked. I found a pink one and a black one that looks really cute with a thin belt around the waist.  Last summer I would have never been able to wear either one of these dresses.  I was also able to find two cute pairs of wedge heels for summer.  

Of all the dresses I tried on yesterday, there were plenty I didn't like.  I may not have liked the style on me, but none of them made me feel fat or insecure.  Its a nice feeling to try on clothes and not feel like my weight is holding me back from wearing the styles. 

On Sunday night, I went grocery shopping and stocked up on food for the week.  I made my Gluten Free Taco Salad for dinner last night and I made extra to take for lunch during the week.  I feel like I am finally back on track after my Easter cheat weekend. 

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Jess
Mia and I on Friday night
Protein, Creatine, BCAAs and a banana for the gym

0 comments:

Post a Comment