April 5, 2013

Pineapple Mango Green Monster



As I mentioned yesterday in my post, I have been struggling to get back on track after a weekend of cheat meals.  Right now, I have a lot of trigger foods in my house that I normally don't even buy.  When I say trigger foods, I mean foods that I crave and have no willpower over.  For me, these foods are gluten free bread and lately, Pirate's Booty.  These are foods that I usually would never have in my house.  Gluten free bread is one of the things I try not to buy because it is literally all I will eat until it is all gone.  So, since I have it in my apartment, I figured I would make toast for breakfast.  I got out my toaster, toasted the bread and then I had a moment of clarity and reminded myself that this bread is full of empty calories.  High in sugar and high in fat, low in actual nutrients.  Proud moment for me - I took the bread out of the toaster and put it down the garbage disposal. As I learned yesterday, empty calories causes a person to enter into a vicious cycle. A cycle of wanting more and more empty calories.  No more!

So I broke the cycle and found some spinach, low calorie orange juice, pineapples and mangos.  Took out my magic bullet and made a delicious Pineapple Mango Green Monster smoothie.  So good! Knowing I made a healthy decision makes it taste that much better!

INGREDIENTS

  • 3/4 cup Spinach (I packed the spinach in my measuring cup)
  • 1 cup of Orange Juice (I used Trop50 which is only 50 calories per cup!)
  • 3/4 cup Pineapple (I used frozen from Trader Joe's)
  • 3/4 cup Mango (I used frozen from Trader Joe's)
  • 2 packets of Sweet & Low (optional)
DIRECTIONS
  1. Add spinach and orange juice to blender. Blend until spinach is completely blended.
  2. Add pineapple, mango and sweet and low. Blend until smooth.
  3. Pour over ice and enjoy!
This is such a simple recipe, but it full of nutrients!

Hope you enjoy!

Jess

Are you on Instagram? Follow me @ JRTRUNR

Ingredients
Blend until smooth
Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment