April 23, 2013

Back Pain and Cellucor's C4

I feel like it has been a while since I last blogged! My back has been hurting since last Friday, so I took a break from the gym over the weekend.  I have been icing and taking ibuprofen, but nothing seems to be helping. I took it easy this weekend.  No workouts, but still managed to eat fairly healthy. Ended the weekend at my lowest weight since college! Only 5 lbs away from my college graduation weight!



I met with my trainer last night.  I told her about my back and she gave me several good stretches and exercises I can do.  She recommended that I go out and buy an exercise ball to use at home.  I can do wall squats with the exercise ball to support my lower back.  Laying over the ball, both on my stomach and back can help stretch my back out.  I plan on getting an exercise ball this evening and using that to workout at home.

My days just aren't quite the same when I don't get to go to the gym. I am really thankful that my trainer gave me ideas to workout with an exercise ball at home because this many days away from the gym is driving me crazy! I am really trying to listen to my body and take it easy, but at the same time, I still want to do the exercises that don't hurt my back.



On a separate note, I have been trying to cut back on coffee.  I am down to about one cup a day, but I noticed I am much more tired during my workouts in the evenings. Based off a friend's recommendation, I bought Cellucor's C4.  C4 is a pre-workout supplement that give you energy and is fused with Creatine.  I tried C4 this weekend to see how it reacts with my body.  It definitely gave me energy, but it also made me feel pretty warm.  Really looking forward to getting back into the gym and trying out C4 before my workout.  I will let you know how it works!

Jess


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    I hope your back is better and you are back to working out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jen! I want to say slow down with the hardcore workouts and careful with your back. It's not healthy that you take ibuprofen each time it hurts. If the pain is recurring, I suggest you try chiropractic therapy; it's non-surgical and doesn't involve medicine, but effective to relieve muscles and joints aches.
    Regards,
    Shan Salas @BrandonChiropractor.net

    ReplyDelete