April 2, 2013

According to Plan

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go according to plan? I always say - Fail to plan, plan to fail.  But sometimes even when I do plan, things still don't always happen the way I planned for. Mondays are one of my favorite days because I get to workout with my trainer after work.  I get to leave work 30 minutes before I usually do to go to class.  I am usually out of class and finished with my workout by 5:30.  I love this because it still gives me times to hang out with my dogs, grocery shop if needed, cook dinner and relax.

I didn't get off work until 5, which meant the class with my trainer was already half over.  I had three choices - go to the last half of class, go to my regular gym or skip the gym all together and go home and cook dinner.   Sad to say I really wanted to go with option three, go home and cook dinner and forget about the gym.  Thankfully, I knew I would feel really guilty about doing that, so I went with option two - go to the gym.

I rode the bike for 30 minutes and then did a few bicep, tricep and shoulder lifts.  It was a fairly quick workout, but I figured anything was better than going home and skipping the gym!  I still had time to go tanning, grocery shop, make pico de gallo (recipe to come!) and I even had time to watch the Real Housewives of OC. The day did not go according to my original plan, but I still found time to get everything accomplished.

Honestly, it is kind of pathetic about how stressed I was when my original plan didn't go the way I wanted it to. It is easy to go with the flow when I plan my day out and everything goes my way. But that isn't how life works all the time. Even when my day doesn't go according to plan, life is still good - I can't forget that. I still managed to get everything done that needed to be done, just maybe not the way I had originally planned.  I really need to work on going with the flow, trusting that God's plan may be slightly different than my own - and that is ok.


On a separate note, I kind of fell off the exercise/healthy eating wagon this weekend. I painted my nightstands this weekend and spent time with the family for Easter.  So I ate unhealthy food and ate way too much of it and I missed my workouts.  I feel less guilty about missing workouts if I eat clean, but eating poorly and not working out doesn't make me feel bad.  But, I am back on the wagon now.  Did my meal prepping and have my workout gear all ready to go.

I bought another new bikini this weekend, its black.  For the first time in my life, I have three new bikinis waiting to be worn this summer.  I am so determined to wear them! I am feeling really good, starting to see new muscles and am really looking forward to making more progress!

Jess

1 comments:

  1. So nice to see you all motivated despite a bad day and also so nice to see the changes in you!! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete