March 8, 2013

Gluten Free Taco Salad


This is by far one of my favorite salads.  I spiced it up last night and added some beans and corn to the mix.  So simple to throw together and it has great flavor!

INGREDIENTS

Salad:
  • 1.5 cups cooked chicken - chopped (I used frozen precooked chopped grilled chicken)
  • 3 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
  • 1 tomato - chopped
  • 1 avocado - chopped
  • 1/2 cup of black beans
  • 1/2 cup of canned corn
  • 1 tbsp cilantro - chopped
  • 1 jalapeno - chopped (optional)
  • Tortilla Chips
Dressing:
  • 3/4 cup Fat Free Catalina dressing (I used Kraft)
  • 3/4 cup of Salsa
  • 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, romaine, tomato, avocado, black beans, corn, cilantro and jalapeno. Stir.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine Catalina dressing, salsa and taco seasoning.  Mix well.
  3. Slowly add salad dressing to your liking.  I usually prefer more dressing.
  4. Crunch tortilla chips over the salad.  I used a handful of chips on my salad.
  5. Enjoy!
This salad serves three.  I ate some for dinner, packed some in Tupperware for lunch and still had another serving leftover.  

The entire jar of dressing is a total of 380 calories, 0 grams of fat, 78 carbohydrates. One serving is  two tablespoons which equals only 24 calories, 0 grams of fat, 5 carbohydrates.  This can easily be made vegetarian by leaving off the chicken! 

Hope you enjoy!

Jess

Ingredients

1 comments:

  1. Looks, delicious! I cannot wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete