March 18, 2013

Bikini x2



One of my goals for this summer is to finally buy and wear a bikini.  I bought a bikini about two years ago and wore it into a friends hot tub.  I kept a towel wrapped around me until I was in the hot tub so I could avoid being seen in my bikini.  So pathetic. I honestly can't ever remember feeling comfortable in a bikini.

Last summer, my family was going to to a friends timeshare for Labor Day weekend.  It was going to be a very warm weekend and I knew I needed a bathing suit if I was going to go.  I knew I was not going to wear the one bikini I owned, so I went out shopping with my sister to find a new bathing suit, a tankini.  Never in my life did I think I would be shopping for a tankini.  Tankinis, in my opinion, scream 'I think I am fat and too embarrassed to wear a bikini'. I can understand tankinis for people who are older, want to cover up and be modest.  But for only being 24, I should not be shopping for tankinis! Long story short, I refused to go with the family because I couldn't get myself to buy a tankini.

This year, my goal is to be in a bikini this summer. Even if I am only comfortable wearing it on my deck to sunbathe in, I am going to wear one.  Lately, every time I go to the store, I see tons of bikinis which reminds me bikini season is right around the corner.  If it was up to me, I would make more progress and buy a bikini when it is closer to summer.  But, stores are one season ahead and if I wait too long, there will be no bikinis left to choose from.

So, lately I have been thinking about a date.  Give myself a specific time frame of when I need to go out and buy a bikini.  I was thinking May 1st.  Figured it gave me about six weeks to make more progress until I needed to go buy a bikini.

Well, while I was out with a friend shopping this weekend, I bought TWO bikinis.  Yes, I said two.  They are a little snug, but they fit.  So, I am hoping they will still fit even if I continue to lose weight.  But, I got such a good deal on both bikinis, so if they are too big by the time summer rolls around, its totally fine by me!
Having two bikinis is a little extra motivation for me to push a little harder in the gym.  Sounds really dumb, but I plan on hanging these bikinis in a place I can see them as an extra reminder of what my summer goal is. If I put them in my dresser, I will forget all about them.  Haven't decided on a place yet!

Also, I got my new slacks in the mail.  A full size smaller and they fit awesome.  All three buttons completely button shut.  I forgot how good it feels to wear pants that actually fit! Oh the little things!

Overall, had a great weekend and I hope you did too!

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Lookin good...next time I expect bikini pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your body , Offer Hot Sale Free Size Sexy Bikini Women's Lycra Fabric Swimsuit Swimwear for Summer Beach Swim Price $10 >...visit ===>www.ahappydeal.com

    ReplyDelete