March 15, 2013

Bacon Cinnamon Rolls



I absolutely was not planning on posting this recipe because this is supposed to be a healthy fitness blog and also because I am unable to taste it because it contains gluten.  But after posting a picture on Instagram and getting several requests, I will post it!

We are having a bacon breakfast potluck at work.  I needed a recipe that would be easy to make since I had very little time to cook due to bible study and something that would taste good even if it was cold. So, decided to cook Bacon Cinnamon Rolls.

I got this recipe from Pillsbury, but I made a couple changes to the recipe.

INGREDIENTS

  • 10 slices of Bacon
  • 2 cans (17.5 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing (5 rolls)
I made mine with a generic brand of Cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting which contained 8 rolls.  Just make sure you have one slice of bacon for each roll you plan on cooking.

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cook bacon. The original recipe says to cook until crisp, but I just cooked mine for a couple minutes until each slice started to curl, but they were no where near crisp.  The bacon will continue to cook in the Cinnamon roll and this way, the Cinnamon roll will soak up a little bit of the bacon fat. 
  3. Usually with bacon, I put it on paper towels to soak up all of the grease, but I just blotted the bacon this time so they still had a little grease on them.
  4. Open the can of Cinnamon rolls and unroll each roll.
  5. Lay one slice of bacon on top of each unrolled cinnamon roll, then roll them back up.
  6. Place each roll in a greased/sprayed pan. I made 16 rolls and used a 9x13 baking dish.
  7. Cook for 15-18 minutes.
  8. Let the rolls cool for 5 minutes and then ice them.
  9. Enjoy!
I have yet to try the bacon cinnamon rolls, but they look and smell so delicious!  I was in a hurry to make these and from start to finish, it took me less than 40 minutes! Pretty quick recipe.  

For once, I am so thankful I am allergic to gluten because I would be so tempted to try one!

Hope you enjoy them!

**UPDATE: These were an absolute hit at the potluck, everyone said they tasted great!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment