February 19, 2013

Whatever You Are, You Are

For my entire life, I have been a really great people pleaser.  I should have put that on my resume as one of my best skills.  No matter who I was around, I could transform myself to be whatever they wanted me to be. It didn't matter if I was being myself or not as long as they liked 'me'.  I found it miserable and exhausting but thought it was worth it.  I have always had this deep fear of people not liking me.

As I started this journey back in October, my main goal was to be happy while becoming fit.  I have realized that the happier I get, the less of a people pleaser I become.  At first, I thought this was because I was being selfish - choosing my happiness over others happiness.  But I am slowly realizing that no matter what I do in life, I can't please everyone.  No matter if you do something good or bad, there is someone out there that will have something to say about it.

Right now, more than ever, I feel like I have a good idea of who I am as a person and it feels really good.  I know what I want and I know what I don't want.  For the first time in my life I feel like I know what I deserve and I don't feel the need to settle.  I value the people in my life who love me for me and I know I don't need to keep people in my life who don't. I feel no need to apologize for who I am anymore.

I saw this quote and I feel like it totally suits where I am in my life right now.

"Whatever you are, you are.  Be proud of it."

I can change, grow and improve - but I will always be me.  It is so freeing to just be yourself and not worry if other people like you.  I like who I am and I am learning to be proud of who I am.  I can listen to people's opinions and thoughts, but I do not have to let what they say and think define who I am as a person.

I am confident in who I am and the things I believe in. I am finally good at just being me - and that, I am proud of!

Jess

Wore a tank top to the gym for the first time in years!

250 Calories and 40 grams of protein!
Nails match my Nikes :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment