February 15, 2013

Super HD Squats

Yesterday was the first day I took my new supplement from Cellucor, Super HD. I took one pill in the morning on an empty stomach and then another one right before lunch, about six hours apart.  Super HD gave me enough energy that I didn't need to drink any coffee.  I wasn't jittery at all, but I also have a high caffeine tolerance.  I had a pretty low appetite as well.  I still ate, but I didn't have the urge to over eat or snack in the evening.

I went to the gym last night and ran a little bit and then hopped on the elliptical. I had so much energy that I was able to run faster than I have in a long time.  On the elliptical, I was able to maintain a much faster pace than usual.  Last night was a legs day.  So I did squats, leg extension, leg press and hamstring curls.  When I first started this journey, I began squatting with no weight and slowly increased it to about 70lbs.  Yesterday, I was able to squat 200lbs - more than my own body weight! My legs are by far the strongest part of my body and I love it.  I was able to do 150lbs on the leg extension, used to barely do 50lbs when I started.  I never used to like my legs, think it is safe to say I hated them.  My legs are so incredibly strong now, how could I not love them?!

Since it was Valentine's day, I told myself early in the day that I would treat myself to Thai food.  But, after a really great workout, I really wanted to eat a decent meal.  So, I compromised for nachos.  I made my nachos with natural tortilla chips, black beans, avocado, corn and red onions. Topped them off with a little cheese and some tofu sour cream. So good! I surprisingly ate a very small portion and was completely satisfied.

I was able to sleep fine last night.  I was slightly nervous that the Super HD would keep me from falling asleep.  This morning, I woke up feeling really good.  No significant weight loss yet, but I feel good.  I am wearing a jacket today that I bought in college. My arms and shoulders have been too big for this jacket, so I haven't worn this jacket in about a year. Today, it fits! My progress is slow, but I feel really good.

As I gained weight over the last two years, I slowly started putting all the clothes that no longer fit me in bags.  I have several garbage bags full of clothes I used to be able to fit in to.  Over the past few weeks I have started to try on my old clothes.  Some fit, some don't.  But soon enough, they will all fit me again.  Hello new wardrobe!

Only on day two of the Super HD, so far I like it.  Can't wait to see more results!

Happy Friday!

Jess
Nachos
2/15/13 - Quads becoming more defined, even through my jeans!

2 comments: