February 22, 2013

Plateauing

Green Smoothie - Trop50, Spinach, Strawberries, Pineapple, Mango
Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel fat?

I am having one of those days.  Actually, I have felt this way all week.  Every outfit I try on makes me feel huge.  I feel heavy and I feel like I am stalling.  My size has obviously not changed since the week before, yet I feel much heavier this week.  I tried on so many different outfits today and nothing looked good.

Tonight, I am hanging out with some girls from my bible study and we are having a board game night.  Its not until later in the evening, but I am afraid I won't have time to go to the gym, shower and make it over there in time.  I am hoping to workout at home before I head over there.

I want to make progress.  I am so frustrated by my weight plateau. I have such a hard time motivating myself when I have days like this. I think I really need to increase my cardio.  Right now, I am lifting five days a week and doing cardio only three days a week.  Stalls are usually a sign you need to mix things up - whether it be your diet or exercise routine.  So, going to try to mix things up a bit and start making progress again!

Happy Friday!

Jess

3 comments:

  1. Here's the unfortunate part of losing weight that no one talks about: more fat days

    Before I lost weight, I ate like crazy. I ate till whatever bag/box I was eating from was empty, then moved onto the next. And no matter how much I ate, it didn't really change how I felt. Because I felt fat before, during, and after. In fact, if I only ate 3 bags of cheetos that day, I'd probably LOSE weight

    And now after losing weight, even drinking too much water can make me feel huge, both physically and when I look in the mirror. Some days, you just feel the food more than others. Even eating only healthy meals and being under the calorie count doesn't make a difference- because it's much easier for a difference to be made. A little extra protein leads to feeling fuller, a little extra salt leads to water retention, and suddenly you feel full and bloated

    Getting closer to your goal is always the hardest. You lose weight slower, small increases show more, and mental fat days are easier to come by. You've already lost a ton of weight and gained a ton of strength. Fat days are simply when mental toughness is more important than physical toughness. After-all, life has to come up with creative ways to keep you motivated once you start looking as good as you do ;)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment, exactly what I needed to hear! I think I thought once I started to lose weight that I would never feel fat again - but I was wrong! Just a reminder of how awful it feels and how much I never want to go back to how I once was!

      Again, thank you :)

      Delete
    2. And the best part- it's just feeling fat, and not being fat. One of those goes away with a lot less effort. Not to mention no one notices when you only feel fat!

      Delete