February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of those holidays I dread every single year. Single or in a relationship, I still dread it.  When I am single, I feel like Valentine's day is a reminder of just how single I am.  My Facebook usually explodes with girls posting pictures of all of their flowers and chocolate.  I can't help but get a tiny bit jealous. When I am in a relationship however, I usually have crazy high expectations for this day and find myself getting let down every year.  Last year, I spent Valentine's day with my boyfriend at the time.  I ordered him a heart shaped pizza and bought him beer.  He was happy. 

Every year though, I am usually jealous or disappointed, never content.  Maybe its because I have never truly been content or happy with myself.  Always wanting more, wishing for something else, never satisfied with the way things are. 

This year feels different though. I am single. I am happy. I like who I am for the first time - maybe ever. I know what I want and I know what I don't want. Being single on Valentine's day is not the worst thing in the world.  Like I have said before, I would rather be happy and single than in a relationship and miserable. Valentine's day isn't so bad when you're happy with yourself.  My time will eventually come, but for now, I am going to enjoy being single and happy!

So tonight, I have a hot date with the gym.  Planning on running tonight.  Haven't ran in my new Nike's yet and really look forward to trying them out.  My other running shoes were so heavy and these new Nike's are light as feathers! Today is also leg day! Squats, leg extensions, lunges, hamstring curls, etc. Today is also the first day I am using my new Cellucor supplements.  I am hoping they help increase the intensity of my workouts.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Jess
Lunch!
From my Sister

1 comments:

  1. Valentine's day is an overrated holiday. I hated it when I was single and when I first started dating my husband we agreed that it was stupid and to ignore it as a holiday. So tonight is just another Thursday night, we'll go for a run, eat some dinner, and enjoy quality time together. No pressure, no spending money on cards and candy we don't need. Good for you for celebrating you instead of buying into the pressure!

    ReplyDelete