January 9, 2013

Strong and Powerful

Yesterday was one of those days where I just wanted to go home and relax.  It was such a long day and I couldn't stop yawning. I remembered my post from a few days ago, every excuse is just a choice to fail.  Too many goals that I want to accomplish, so I knew I needed to get my butt to the gym, even if I was tired.  

I planned on biking hills for 45 minutes. My gym only has four upright bikes and when I got to the gym, I was happy to see that one of them was open.  As soon as I changed into my gym clothes, the bike was taken.  I am still not used to the gym being so full.  So, I hopped on the elliptical.  Out of no where, I got this burst of insane energy.  I did 40 minutes on the elliptical with resistance and hills. My speed was higher than usual and I was sweating like crazy.  No idea where this energy came from, but I felt so good.  

Yesterday was a legs day so I did squats, leg extensions  hamstring curls and the leg press. I felt really strong yesterday and I have noticed that my legs have gained so much strength in the last few months.  I love getting on a leg machine after another girl and having to increase the weight by 50 plus pounds.  I just feel really strong and I love it.  My legs have always been something I hated.  They aren't slender, they are bigger and muscular.  But I am starting to love them.  They are big because they are packed with muscle, not because I am fat.  When I am lifting, my upper thighs have definition and they are rock hard.  The legs I have always despised are starting to become one of my favorite things.

I went home and I finished watching the last episode of Biggest Loser.  This show inspires me like crazy and also makes me cry like a baby.  Ever since I have started my journey to becoming happier and fit, I feel like I am really learning who I am.  What is it about exercise that helps us learn who we are? No idea.  But last night, it was so cool to watch the contestants have the same realizations I have had. Pinpointing the reasons of why they are unhappy and what deeper issues lead to their weight gain.  So powerful.  I love watching them transform not only physically, but mentally and emotionally too.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day.  I really surprised myself at the gym.  When I stop making excuses for myself, I realize how strong I am and how much potential I have. I am not going to get any where if I only workout and eat healthy when I am energized and having a good day.  I think I proved it to myself yesterday, my body is much stronger and powerful than I give it credit for.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment