January 28, 2013

So Intimidated

Feels like it has been a while since I blogged!  I had a really good weekend and have been so busy!

This weekend, my friend and I went to downtown Seattle for some shopping and lunch.  I rode the monorail for the first time, did some shopping and we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. We went to Nordstom Rack and surprisingly, I was able to find a pair of jeans and a cute sweater.  I haven't tried on a pair of jeans since I started losing weight. So I grabbed the size I have been wearing, and just for kicks, I grabbed one size smaller.  I slipped on the smaller size and to my surprise, they fit like a glove!  I haven't been this size in almost two years. Progress folks! Feels really good.

The next day, however, wasn't as great.  I decided to go to my new gym, check it out and workout.  I walked in and was so incredibly overwhelmed.  There were no tours or anything and I felt like a lost puppy looking for an open treadmill.  Once I got on a treadmill, I felt like an idiot trying to figure out how to work it.  Its one of those iFit treadmills.  Its all touch screen, asks if you want to login or post your workout to Facebook.  Um, I just want to run, that's all.  My Facebook friends don't care how far I run. The treadmills face the spin class room, so all I could see while I was running was my reflection in the window.  To be honest, that is the absolute last thing I want to look at while I run.  I couldn't get into a zone because I was so focused on how awful my legs looked while I ran.  How is is that I can feel so great trying on clothes, feeling so proud to instantly feeling like a cow trying to run on a treadmill?! I ran for a half an hour and then tried to figure out where the weights were.  I saw lots of free weights where all of the huge muscle guys were, but no machines or anything.  Unfortunately, I was so intimidated that I left.  I was slightly discouraged, feeling thankful that I hadn't canceled my other gym membership yet.

Although I feel very intimidated by the size and the types of people at my new gym, I refuse to let it hold me back from going to the gym.  I am continually reminding myself that this gym is a good thing. Closer to home, I can workout longer and they have group fitness classes.  So tomorrow, I am going to go back to the gym and take one of the group fitness classes.  I will put my pride aside and ask where the fitness room is.  Its worth it. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend.  Hope you all had a great weekend too!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment