January 7, 2013

Gym Motivation of the Day



I love this quote so much! How true, right?! Every time we make an excuse for ourselves, we are making a choice to fail. Honestly, I had never really thought of it that way. Sometimes I can convince myself that my excuses are legit.  But every evening when I make an excuse of why I can't workout or why I should cut my cardio session short, I am only hurting myself.  Each excuse I make does not make me a failure, but, those excuses build on each other.  The more excuses I make, the further I am from my goal and eventually, those excuses will cause me to quit, therefore, fail.  

Skipping a workout every now and then is totally fine, having a rest day is ok, eating dessert on occasion is allowed.  But its when these excuses become our new normal is when we start to fail.  I am really good at making excuses for myself and sometimes I do have real legit reasons why I need to skip a workout.  But most of the time, its just the old Jess creeping back in trying to make excuses for the new Jess.  I think the key is weighing the pros and cons of eating that dessert or skipping a workout.  Most of the time, my long term goals completely outweigh any craving or urge to lay around at home which gives me less of an incentive to make excuses for myself.

Tonight, no excuse, I am working out with my trainer.  I am teetering between two weights and have been for a month now.  I want to break this plateau and start losing weight again.  I am going to push hard tonight and eat a good balanced dinner tonight.  Tonight, the Bachelor is on so I am going to allow myself to have a glass of wine tonight as a treat.  I feel really motivated and I hope this motivation can last throughout the day.  I am really hoping to go to bed earlier tonight, and every night, in hopes of possibly doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before work in the mornings.  Right now, I am way too tired to get up early and workout, but it is on my list of goals to accomplish.  If I can get to bed an hour earlier, I can have an extra hour in the morning to do a workout DVD to hopefully increase my results.

I am not going to make excuses today.  I will push strong and work hard so I can get myself closer to my goal!

Jess






0 comments:

Post a Comment