December 10, 2012

My Weekend in Review

This weekend was a good one. Relaxed at home on Friday and woke up early to hit the gym Saturday morning.  Ran 3.5 miles and did a short leg workout.

Saturday, my Mom, Sister and I went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping done.  We grabbed dinner and then headed outside of the mall for Snowflake Lane.  The sidewalks were packed with people, lots of drummers and music playing loud.  They even had fake snow.  It was a fun evening.

On Sunday, I went to church with my Mom.  During the service they talked about how God is always with you when you're out in the 'wilderness', meaning a dark place, feeling alone.  Just kind of reminded me of this cyst, made me start stressing.  So after the service, I called the doctor and talked to the nurse.  She told me if the antibiotics weren't helping, to come into the office and get it drained.  Eww.  This sent me into a full on panic attack where I just couldn't even catch my breath.  This sort of stuff just triggers my anxiety.  Figured I might as well do it on a Sunday, rather than having to do it during the week with work.  So, I went to the office and sat there nervously for my name to be called.  Eventually, the nurse called me back.  I saw a different doctor than I usually do.  She took a look and was appalled at what the nurse earlier had told me.  She told me it is probably a sweat gland, not a cyst, from biking so much and wearing tight clothes.  She told me they would NEVER drain it or do anything like that.  Phew. SO relieved.  She told me not to worry about it and that it might take a few months for my body to get rid of it.
My Sister and I at Snowflake Lane

Snowflake Lane
I feel very relieved that that is taken care of and I can stop worrying about it.  All in all, it was a good weekend.  Did some relaxing, spent time with my family and got some much needed Christmas shopping done with.  I am beginning to realize that I really need to take things day by day and try not to think too far ahead.  Thinking so far in advance about things that may never happen really stresses me out. I don't know how to solve this, but I know it is something I need to work on.

Before
Another win this weekend:  I bought this workout shirt at the beginning of November. It was tight and I thought it fit great.  When I put this shirt on Saturday morning, it was lose, literally bagged on me.  Sometimes I feel like I am not making progress, but this proves that I am making progress.  I see myself everyday, so sometimes it takes something like this shirt to make me realize that I am making progress.  Lots of progress.
After

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Jess


2 comments:

  1. I struggle with the same thing. I worry about things that are months or even years in the future and the only result is that I become stressed out. It's a constant struggle to try to live in the present moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the exact same way, definitely a constant struggle to try to live in the present. Wish I knew an easy solution. Living in the future is exhausting and causes us to miss out on the here and now.

      Delete