December 20, 2012

Live Everyday to the Fullest

Tomorrow is the day that everyone has been talking about for the last few years.  December 21, 2012.  Doomsday. The end of the world.

People joke about it and make light of the idea of the world ending.  I'll be honest, I am slightly nervous for tomorrow. On the way to work today, they were talking about how NASA said if the world was truly going to end, it would happen at 3:11 AM.  That is less than 24 hours away and it completely terrifies me.

I know these thoughts of mine are totally irrational, but I need to get them out.  If the world ends during the middle of the night, I am going to be all alone and that completely makes me sad.  I feel like I should go spend the night with my family to avoid being all by myself.  I usually never let my dogs sleep with me, but I feel like I need to let them sleep with me tonight so they aren't all alone.  If the world doesn't end at 3:11am, I honestly feel like I should just stay home to avoid anything bad.

Stupid, I know.

But then, I remind myself that no day is promised.  We don't know when our time is up, so we just need to live everyday to the fullest and enjoy every moment.  As terrified as I am about the thought of the world ending tomorrow, yet, I am also thankful for it.  All of this talk about it has really made me reevaluate my life and what I want to do with it.

I hate that there are things I feel like doing today and tonight just because the world could possibly end.  Like, letting my dogs sleep with me.  If that is something I would do tonight since the world could end, why don't I do that every night? No day is promised, so why not do that every night?  If I truly lived each day as if it were my last, then I would not feel the need to make changes to my daily routine.

I am going to try to forget that tomorrow is December 21st and just live my life and make today a great one.  I am not promised anything, so I am just going to be thankful and make the most of every moment I am blessed with.

Here are some funny pictures sent to me by a friend this morning. They made me laugh, hope they make you laugh too :)

Jess






0 comments:

Post a Comment