December 6, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I think I forgot my motivation at home today.  I brought my gym clothes with me to work today and have absolutely no excuse not to go.  Amazing how two days off from the gym and stress will make me lose my motivation.  I don't know where it went, but I just don't have the determination like I had last week.  I want it back.

I always find quotes that help me motivate myself to workout and remind me why I am working so hard.  Couldn't really find one that fired me up, until I found this simple quote.

"Sometimes the girl who's always been there for everyone else, needs someone to be there for her." 

In my case, that someone is me.  I need to be there for myself.  I need to have my back and encourage myself to be the best I can be.  I have been so stressed and consumed with worry that I forgot to be there for myself, to remind myself to keep going and not to give up.  I have worked really hard for the past two months and I just can't let it all be for nothing.

So today, I am going to have my back and force myself to go to the gym because it's what is best for myself.  In my mind, this cyst is my excuse not to workout.  Doctor told me to soak in hot water, therefore, I feel the need to soak all night.  In reality, hot water soaks might help it go away, but it might not.  For my own sanity, I need to go to the gym and then I can go home and take a bath.  

I might be stressed, but I need to take care of myself - physically, emotionally and mentally.  Going to the gym will help all three.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment