December 11, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

March 2011
This picture was taken in early 2011.  I was running daily, I felt good and I remember liking myself and feeling attractive.  It is crazy to think that I went from this, to the picture I posted in my last post in less than 8 months.  Pretty crazy how quickly your body changes when you eat poorly and stop exercising.

This is a great reminder of how quickly I can go back to how I was before I started exercising.  It takes much longer to see good progress than it does to revert back to how I once was.  Many people stop exercising over the holidays and give themselves an entire cheat month so they can enjoy whatever food they would like.

I can't take a month off, give myself a cheat month to allow myself to indulge.  Because if I do, I am going to quickly revert to the girl I was last year and I just can't do that.  The scary part of gaining weight is that its kind of hard to tell until its too late.  I went from in shape to completely fat in less than nine months and the worst part is, I didn't notice any weight gain until I was completely fat.  It is kind of scary that I didn't even notice.

Today, I am going to the gym.  Planning on doing the elliptical for at least 30 mins and do a legs workout.  My motivation is this picture above.  Not only do I want to get back to how I looked there, but I want to look even better than that.  I want to feel good in my own skin again.  I want to feel attractive and have tons of confidence in myself.  I haven't felt attractive in a very long time.

My fear of going back to how I used to be is more motivation than anything else in the world.

Time to kick some butt!

Jess

3 comments:

  1. It's so much harder to be healthy then unhealthy but I think over time as it becomes more and more apart of who you are it becomes easier. I always remind myself if it was easy everyone would do it and that I'm doing something good for my body and my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are completely right, if it was easy, everyone would be thin, in shape and eat healthy. Its tough, but it is SO worth it!

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous... I love work out...

    ReplyDelete