November 1, 2012

Life is too Short

I asked a guy at work yesterday how he was, he responded with "I'm ok".  I of course said, "Just ok?!".  His response surprised me.  "Can you ever be great? I don't think you can anymore".  I suppose I got an honest answer.  But, its a great question.  Is anyone truly "great" anymore?

I thought about this for a while yesterday and I have a very hard time believe that its impossible to be "great".  I want to be great.  I want to live everyday as a happy person, no matter what my current situation is.  This life is TOO DANG SHORT to be anything but great.

I want to get to the point that when someone asks me how I am doing, I can honestly tell them I am great, that I am fabulous, that life is good.  Because honestly, I am alive, I have a home, a job, friends, family, two of the cutest dogs in town and I have a lot of great things in my life.  So, I have no reason to be "just ok".  I want to learn to just focus on the present day, not sit around and worry about the future.  Just live in the moment, be thankful for everything I have in this current day.

I am on my way to being "great".  I have so many great things in my life, I am done fighting this war at myself.  I am done telling myself that I am not deserving, that I am unworthy.  I have SO much to be thankful for and I have SO much to be happy about.

Life is too short to be anything but happy :)

Jess


0 comments:

Post a Comment