November 12, 2012

Happy Weekend

Happy Monday! I had an interesting weekend.  My weekend started early, got off work around 11am on Friday and went to the Metropolitan Grill for lunch with coworkers.  The lunch was a "thank you" for all of our hard work on the budgets.  I had a caesar salad, filet mignon and creme brulee.  Everyone was so full, but the meal was fantastic.  Since I was off work so early, I decided to hit the gym. I went out with my Mom on Friday and had a couple margaritas with her.

On Saturday, I hit the gym and then came home and decorated my place for Christmas.  Yes, I know it is a little early, but I love Christmas and like to start celebrating early.  I listened to Christmas music and drank coffee with eggnog and it was fabulous.  On Sunday, I went to the gym and just relaxed at home.  I cooked chicken tacos, mexican rice and pico de gallo.  It was super delicious!  It was a relaxing weekend and I didn't wear makeup all weekend and still felt great.  Overall a great weekend.

While I was at the gym on Saturday, I was putting my purse in the locker and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  I had to do a double take. Wow, my triceps were defined and I wasn't even flexing them.  My butt looked lifted, my love handles weren't bulging out over my pants.  For once, I actually felt like I belonged at the gym, I wasn't embarrassed to be there.  One lady in the dressing room actually asked me to go running with her.  Although I declined, I was impressed that someone recognized me as a runner.  For too long, I have looked at myself as too overweight and out of shape to be a runner.  I am realizing that I am the only one who thinks this of myself.

Coffee and Eggnog
On Sunday night, I had another "Ah Ha" moment.  I was chopping up veggies for my pico de gallo, listening to Christmas music, dogs were in the kitchen keeping me company, lights were down low and all of my candles were lit and it hit me...THIS is what happiness is.  I wasn't doing anything spectacular, but I was so at peace with myself and with the world. Usually, I tend to feel lonely when I am at home alone.  But lately, I like my own company, I like being at home now.  I actually stopped chopping my veggies and said out loud "This is what happiness feels like".  Felt stupid for talking to myself, but for the first time, I really felt happiness.  What a strange, yet awesome, feeling.  I want to feel this way everyday, all day no matter what I am doing.

I know this is totally random, but I would still like to share it.  Last week at work, I was talking to my boss and a coworker.  My coworker was talking about an ex boyfriend of hers, who is constantly traveling with his girlfriend and going to all these fancy places and posting it all on Facebook.  She is married, having a child and mentioned that she wished her life was that exciting.  I think everyone can catch themselves being a little jealous of things on Facebook and the things our friends get to do.  I told her, "You know, no one ever checks in at WalMart".  We all got a good laugh about that.  But it is true.  People only show the good parts of their life online.  Most people make their lives seem far better than they really are on Facebook.

So when I got to work this morning, I had an email from her saying, "Today I am reminding myself that no one checks in at WalMart".  Made me smile.  We cannot compare our lives to the ones of our friends on Facebook.  If you find yourself being jealous, then make some changes in your life. Do the things you want to do, but don't waste your time comparing yourself to others.

I am feeling really happy.  Everything is not perfect and my weekend did not go as planned, but I am still happy.  I made it to the gym everyday and noticed progress.  Spent time alone and decorated my apartment.  I love feeling happy.

Hope you had a great weekend.
No Makeup Saturday

After the gym
Pico de Gallo
Jess
Mia loves coffee too

Christmas Decorations 












0 comments:

Post a Comment