November 8, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I am so tired today. My coffee never kicked in and I am pretty sure my motivation never got out of bed this morning. After this whole daylight savings thing, I wake up when it is dark out and I get home when it is dark out.  The only light I see all day is through the windows at work.  So getting home after a long day at work, it feels like I should be going to bed since it is so dark.

Sometimes I wish I would just allow myself a day off.  But today, I have no reason to take a day off.  I would rather save it for a day I actually have plans, not when I just feel like sitting at home and watching tv.  Being lazy and sitting at home is not going to get me any closer to my goal.

So tonight, like it or not, my butt is going to the gym where I can sit down and ride the bike and even watch my tv.  I am going to do a core and upper body workout afterwards.  There is no excuse to be lazy. I am reminding myself of my goal, what I want to feel like, what I want to look like and how happy I want to be.  My actions need to reflect what I want most, not what I want now.

Tonight, this is what is motivating me to get my butt to the gym:

1. Cardio will wake me up.
2. I want to see results.
3. I want to strengthen my legs so my knees will feel better.
4. I am ready to be closer to my goal.
5. I want to make myself proud.
6. I love being able to tell people I exercise daily.
7. Working out makes me feel really good.
8. I want to fit into all of my old jeans.
9. I want to be able to buy a pea coat and not rip out the shoulders.
10. I refuse to give up my goals for what I want right now.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment