November 7, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

When it comes to losing weight and getting back in my running shape, I have literally tried everything.  Almost comical how much money and time I have wasted trying to take shortcuts.  I have bought pills, I tried the HCG diet where you eat 500 calories a day, I have bought ever gadget out there. All have left me disappointed with a hole in my pocket. You can take shortcuts and try to lose weight, but they are all temporary.  You can't pop a pill and expect to eat McDonald's and lose weight.  Not going to happen.  You have to change your lifestyle.   I have tried to dance around the fact that I just need to do things the old fashioned way.  Diet and exercise!

I was hoping to find a quick fix, an easy answer.  But I am realizing that the road ahead of me is very long and there are no detours or shortcuts.  Just have to get started and eventually I will get where I want to go.  But for now, just have to keep kicking butt at the gym everyday and work hard.  Its going to be a long journey, but the results are totally worth it.

Today, I am meeting with my trainer.  I skipped Monday, so I am sure she will kick my butt today.

Today, this is what is motivating me to kick butt in the gym:

1. I want this to be a habit, a life style.
2. I want to get to the end of this road.
3. I want to feel good about myself.
4. Working out makes me happier.
5. I want to prove to myself that I can do it.
6. I want to run like I used to.
7. I want to be stronger.
8. I am determined to fit into my skinny jeans.
9. I want to feel confident taking pictures around the holidays.
10. I want to be one step closer to my goal.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment