November 5, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I have talked about this feeling I have, wanting to succeed so bad that it literally makes me angry.  Such as strange feeling and I have never really been able to describe it.  But, I found this quote today and I think it describes it perfectly.  I want to succeed as bad as I want to breathe.  I want this so bad, like it is my only option.  I can't even fathom giving up, just not going to happen.

Every time I have tried to get in shape, I always fail.  But honestly, I have never wanted it this bad either.  Even though I want this really bad for myself, I still feel like I have to drag myself to the gym lately.  I am always happy once I am there, but the process of just putting my gym clothes on and getting there is a huge struggle.  Before, when I would skip the gym, I never felt guilty.  Once I made the decision not to go to the gym, I didn't think twice about it.  Where as, like this weekend with my food poisoning, I initially told myself I would stay home from the gym.  But there is this voice inside my head now, making me feel guilty for not going to the gym.  I can't just forget about it anymore.  I sat on my couch for almost an hour on Sunday debating going the gym.  Eventually, I just decided to put my gym clothes on and just go.  Just do it.  Whether I make it 10 minutes or 100 minutes, at least I worked out.  At least I didn't make excuses for myself to sit on my butt at home and watch tv.  THANK GOODNESS.

I love this new voice in my head.  Its my drive, my motivation and my willpower speaking to me.  I just don't want to be blogging a year from now about how I gave up again.  I love that no matter what kind of workout I have, good or bad, I never ever regret it.  I always feel good after.  Skipping a workout makes me feel guilty and I DO regret that.  So no matter how many times I have to talk myself into going to the gym, I never regret doing so.

I bought a pair of skinny jeans a month ago.  They fit, but are too snug around the waist to wear in public.  I am able to button them, but they are not comfortable.  I took a "before" picture in them this weekend.  My trainer says I need to gauge my weight loss by a pair of jeans that don't fit.  So, I can't wait until I can take an "after" pic.

Today this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1.  I want this so bad.
2.  I will feel pretty guilty if I don't.
3.  I always feel better after a workout.
4.  I want to be more confident.
5.  I bought a pair of skinny jeans that are too tight, I want to be able to fit in them comfortably.
6.  Working out helps me realize how strong I am.
7.  I want to be in shape.
8.  I am tired of blogging about being out of shape.
9.  I am tired of being afraid to go on dates.
10.  I want to be happy.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment