November 29, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

Although I know I need to rest my body eventually, today is not the day.  I would rather leave my rest day for the weekend or a day I that I am busy.

I am going to the gym tonight.  I am going to do 30 minutes of tough cardio.  I will probably bike and increase the resistance while doing hills.  Today is a legs day.  My plan is to work inner and outer thighs, quads, hamstrings and calves.  I refuse to bail out of my workout early like I did on Tuesday.

I have started going to the gym directly after work.  I used to drive 30 minutes home from work, take the dogs out, change into gym clothes, grab a snack and then drive another 30 minutes to the gym.  On Tuesday, I drove straight to the gym from work and it only took me 20 minutes.  Saves me 40 minutes of driving and the additional 30 minutes I used to go home for.  This allows me to get home at a reasonable hour and leaves me enough time to actually cook dinner.  I love that I am no longer making excuses for myself of why I can't work out or why I can't eat healthy.  I am running into obstacles and finding solutions.  Going to the gym straight from work saves me time so I can workout longer if I would like and I can have time to relax with my dogs and cook dinner.

I am making good decisions and I am proud of myself.  On Tuesday, I caught a glimpse of the old me and I am so thankful that I am forming better habits.

Tonight, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. This is a lifestyle, something I need to continually do.
2. The more I workout, the more I want to make healthier eating decisions.
3. My ring finally fits again, I can't wait to fit into my other clothes that don't currently fit.
4. I am doing so good, can't stop now!
5. I can't wait until I can get rid of my Spanx and feel comfortable without them.
6. I want to be able to buy a whole new wardrobe - in a smaller size.
7. I want it to be easier to find dress clothes that actually fit me.
8. I want to see dramatic results.
9. I am ready for others to notice my weight loss.
10. I never want to be overweight again.
11. I enjoy liking what I see in the mirror each morning.
12. I love feeling strong at the gym.
13. I just feel so much better about myself.
14. I want to continue to better myself and be confident in who I am.
15. Today's workout will put me one step closer to my goal.

Jess



0 comments:

Post a Comment