November 26, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

It hit me today, I started this journey exactly two months ago. I didn't start working out daily until about a month and a half ago.  It feels like I have been at this for months already.  Crazy to think it has only been two months.

It was the day I went to the luncheon back in September.  I can still remember the feeling when the woman asked us all to write down our accomplishments and then our disappointments.  I'll never forget the moment when I couldn't think of any accomplishments, yet my list of disappointments could have gone on forever.  I felt like crying.

As awful as that moment felt, I am so very grateful for it.  That was the moment I made the decision to try.  I didn't have a plan or any idea of what I was going to do, all I knew was that I was done being so miserable and unhappy with myself.  That was my 'rock bottom'.

Two months ago, I had no idea I would have a personal trainer or that I would be working out every single day, giving it everything I have.  I had no clue I would be giving up my daily potato chips and wine for greek yogurt and grilled chicken.  But, oh my, I am so thankful I did.  It feels like more than two months have gone by because I feel like a completely different person.  I still have my miserable days, but I don't feel like a miserable person anymore.

Two months ago, I didn't feel worthy of anything good because I did nothing to deserve anything good.  I felt like I had no accomplishments and was full of disappointments.  But now, I feel like I have a lot of accomplishments and the list is growing day by day.  I do not dwell upon my disappointments anymore, I now use them as learning lessons and things I need to work on. I am realizing I am worth it and I am deserving of good things.

I am feeling very thankful right now for my decision to give this whole journey a try.  Had I not, I would still be feeling fat and miserable.  I truly feel like I am becoming the person I was always meant to be.  Sounds so corny, but its true.  I feel more myself than I ever have.  Can't wait to continue on this journey and continue bettering myself.

Today, I am meeting with my trainer and I absolutely can't wait.  Feeling strong, motivated and so ready to kick some major butt today.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get my (firm!) buns to the gym:

1. I love hearing that this blog helps motivate others to get to the gym.
2. I love feeling confident, I want to feel confident all the time.
3. I feel like a beast in the gym lately, stronger than ever and it feels awesome.
4. I love being able to lift more weight every week.
5. I like to sweat. A lot.
6. I want to be able to take an "After" photo and see results.
7. I want to fit into my skinny jeans!
8. I want to notice more results.
9. The more I work out, the closer I am to my goal.
10. Working out motivates me to eat better.
11. I am starting to feel attractive again - and I like it.
12. I never want to feel fat again.
13. I want to be able to go shopping and buy smaller clothes.
14. I want my family to notice my progress at Christmas.
15. I feel so much better about myself when I work out.
16. I like being a regular at the gym.
17. I like that I can tell people I go to the gym every single day - and it's not a lie.
18. I refuse to quit - not an option.
19. I want to make myself proud.
20. I am happy I made this decision to try - and the decision not to give up.

Jess


1 comments:

  1. Such a great self reflection. It is awesome that you can look back at that moment and reallyyy pull from it. You should be proud of those 20 reasons, you would not have been saying those 2 months ago. Keep up the hard work, thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete