November 16, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

It's Friday and I have a date with the gym tonight.  A hot date I might add.  The gym is where I need to be because I am not to my goal yet and have a lot of work to do.  Plus, I actually like being at the gym on Fridays.  No time constraints, no rushing, just enjoying the burn.

I found this quote above and I love it.  Before I started working out with my trainer, I would cheat in the gym constantly.  When I would lift weights, I would tell myself I was going to do two sets of fifteen and end up being lazy and only doing two sets of seven.  Cheating only hurts myself, no one else.  If I don't do my full cardio time or all my reps, I am only cheating myself out of achieving my goal.  My trainer has really inspired me to push myself hard.  If I say I am going to do fifteen reps, you can bet that I am going to do all fifteen.  If I am going to do an hour of cardio, you can also bet that I am going to push myself hard every second of that hour.  The more I push myself, the stronger I am going to be both mentally and physically.  Because in the end, the body achieves what the mind believes.

For my hot date with the gym tonight, I bought some new workout clothes today.  New running capris, a new top and this cute pink hoodie.  I understand that the purpose of going to the gym is to workout, not to attempt to look cute in the process.  But, I definitely feel better about myself when I am in cute workout clothes rather than my baggie old t-shirts.  I just feel more confident and don't feel like I need to hide in the corner at the gym.

Two months ago, I would have never posted a picture like this on my blog.  I would have snapped fifty pictures, trying to suck my stomach in, make sure I didn't have a double chin and would have been disgusted with every picture.  Today, I snapped one picture. Just one. Didn't have to suck my gut in or angle the camera just right.  Sounds so stupid, but I like that I can take a picture, just one, and like what I see.

Tonight, I am going to the gym and I am going to do an hour of cardio and lift weights.  I am going to take my time, make sure I do every rep and push myself as hard as I can.

Tonight, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I want to be able to buy my clothes in smaller sizes.
2. I want to make myself proud.
3. I am not going to cheat myself from achieving my goals.
4. I like sweating at the gym.
5. Fridays are nice at the gym, pretty empty and relaxed.
6. I can't wait to wear my new clothes to the gym.
7. I want to feel comfortable taking family pictures at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
8. I want to continue feeling confident.
9. I like being able to look in the mirror and like what I see.
10. I am sick of being the biggest person at work and in my family.
11. I can't wait for the day my Mom notices my hard work.
12. I want to be able to run without my knee hurting.
13. Working out makes me feel good.
14. I like being a regular at the gym.
15. I feel more myself than I ever have, I want to continue feeling this good.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment