November 15, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I have been on a kick of making dinner after work lately.  Makes it so much easier to eat healthy when I cook a good meal, plus I really enjoy cooking.  Last night, after I worked out with my trainer I went home and cooked Thai Chicken Peanut Spaghetti Squash.  Turned out great!

I have been trying to think of a new recipe to cook for dinner tonight and then it hit me.  Crap, I have to go to the gym tonight.  How did I forget?  On Monday and Wednesday I worked out with my trainer and I skipped the gym on Tuesday for the Eric Church concert.  I haven't gone to my actual gym since Sunday so it kind of just slipped my mind.  Instantly, in my mind I thought, great now I can't make dinner and have to eat crap.

Hold up blondie!  I don't have to do anything.  Going to the gym is the most ridiculous excuse to eat junk food.  Sure, I am not going to get home until about 8pm or so but either way, I am determined not to pick up a bag of chips after the gym.  Totally defeats the purpose of going to the gym!

So, tonight is going to be hard.  My problem is that I don't like to eat dinner before the gym because I feel too slugglish.  But, making dinner at 8pm and eating around 9pm isn't healthy either. I honestly don't know what the solution is but I do know a bag of chips is not the answer.  If I want to get healthy and spend my evenings at the gym, I can't eat processed junk food afterwards.  I want this too bad for myself to make any more excuses and eat like crap.  Not going to happen.  This is just an obstacle, challenging my drive and motivation.  I want this so bad for myself and I will find a way around this and succeed.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I can't wait to do some cardio, love it.
2. I would really like to sign up - and run - a 5K in the near future.
3. I am sick of feeling embarrassed when I eat in front of others.
4. I don't want to be ashamed of my weight anymore.
5. I want to be able to buy any pair of boot I want - and have them fit over my calves.
6. I want people to be able to just look at me and know I am happy.
7. I don't want to be one of those people who only goes to the gym after the new year - then quit a month later.
8. I like being able to tell people I work out daily.
9. I want to have nice legs - long muscular legs.
10. I want to be able to actually wear shorts next summer - haven't worn shorts in YEARS.
11. If I want to see results, I need to put in the work - and change my eating habits.
12. I want my clothes to fit looser and I want others to notice.
13. Working out makes me feel really good about myself.
14. I am proud of the progress I have made.
15. I want to continue growing - I love the person I am becoming.

Jess

4 comments:

  1. Hey do u have your eyes on any 5ks yet? I am thinking of doing the same myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not any particular 5Ks, I just really want to get back running again and I want to do a few races. Figure a 5K is the best place to start.

      Delete
  2. Maybe on days you go to the gym and want to make dinner try going to the gym for only an hour instead of 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually go to the gym for 60-90 minutes, but the drive to the gym in the evenings is 20+ minutes each way.

      Delete