November 14, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I skipped the gym yesterday and had fast food. Not proud of it, but can't change it now.  I went to the Eric Church concert last night and just had no time to squeeze a workout in.

That was yesterday and thankfully today is a new day, another chance to get things right.  I am going to be working out with my trainer tonight. I am still sore from Monday's workout with her.  Those dead lifts made my hamstrings so sore!

Minus yesterday  I have been eating really healthy.  I used to eat gluten free bread and butter for breakfast with my coffee and creamer.  I am now eating light yogurt with a banana and using coconut milk in my coffee.  I have been packing my  lunch everyday so I won't be tempted to go order out Thai food.  For dinner, I have been preparing meals and meal planning.  That way, I can ensure I either have a fresh cooked meal or leftovers to eat for dinner and to take for lunch the next day.  Making sure I always have healthy food on hand really gives me no excuse to binge on potato chips.

I find the healthier I eat, the better I feel.  I am not bloated and overly full with starches anymore. Since I have been eating more chicken, the protein keeps me full for a longer period of time so I don't feel the need to snack all night after dinner.  Amazing what a big difference eating habits can make.

I feel really good lately.  I feel content with life and happy with my progress.  My body feels tighter and I can see and feel muscles I forgot I had.  Last night as I was putting my pajamas on, I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror.  To my surprise, I am beginning to see my stomach muscles again. Yes, I still have fat on top of the muscles I need to lose, but I can see the shape of my body changing.

Its been a month an a half since I started working out daily and I feel dramatically different than I did in the beginning.  I can't wait to see how I feel in the next few months.  This is the longest I have stuck to working out and I don't ever plan on stopping.

Today, this is what is motivating me to kick butt at the gym tonight:

1. I want to see more results, see more muscle, feel smaller.
2. I feel so content with myself, not sure I have ever felt content, but I like it.
3. I don't feel desperate for a relationship anymore, because I like myself and know I deserve the best.
4. I am ready to go shopping, buy smaller clothes that I never used to wear before.
5. I would love to be able to wear a little black dress on new years eve.
6. The more I work on myself, the more proud of myself I am.
7. I want this to be a lifestyle, something I automatically do.
8. I want to the best I can be.
9. I want to run...fast, far, long...and be good at it.
10. I am not giving up, ever...not even an option.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment