November 16, 2012

Confidence is the Best Accessory

Today is Friday.  Fridays are becoming my favorite day of the week.  I look forward to my Friday workouts more than any other day of the week.  Never thought I would say that.  I get to go to the gym, with no pressure of having to be quick in order to get home and prep for the next work day.  I don't have to rush home from work and rush to the gym.  I can stay for as long as I would like and take my time.

Another thing I like about Fridays is that I can wear jeans to work.  During the week, I usually wear my business casual clothes to work and then wear my gym clothes then get straight into my pajamas.  My work clothes are fitted, but not tight. So it is hard to tell if my clothes are fitting any different, because they are loose to start with.  On Fridays, I get to wear my normal, tight fitting clothes.  My clothes don't fit any different from how they fit last week, but I do like what I see in the mirror.

11.16.12
I took a picture of myself this morning and was surprised by what I saw.  My face looks slimmer.  I have a jaw line.  My face and neck aren't all one any more. I didn't have to take the picture from up above to avoid seeing my double chin.  Its little things like this that boost my confidence and make this whole journey so worth it.  All these nights at the gym, watching what I eat now, its all paying off.

I just feel good.  So proud of my progress.  Happy that exercising and working on myself is becoming a habit, something I do every day. I feel confident in myself and the choices I am making.  Going to the gym and getting my eating habits under control are my priorities right now.

I used to feel so guilty telling people I can't do things because I have to go to the gym.  But now, I don't feel guilty about it.  If going to the gym and working on myself makes me happy, then that is exactly what I am going to do. This confidence and happiness I feel gives me the motivation to continue on and to not give up.  It feels so good.

I truly believe that the best accessory a girl can own is confidence. I feel confident in myself and my decisions and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Happy Friday!

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Aw girl, I really liked this post. It's so nice to see you becoming happier with who you are and proud of what you've accomplished thus far. And yes, please DO NOT feel guilty about not being able to do things because of the gym. I used to feel that way (mostly because people made me feel guilty about working out as much as I did) but if that is something that you need for YOU...to make YOU happy and healthy and confident...then do it. It's good to have a balance in life and it doesn't seem like you're at one extreme or the other...it looks like you have a variety of things in your life that you focus on which is healthy. Great picture of you by the way. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are working all this out...it is not easy is it? I struggle with confidence too...I am hoping to one day master that among other things...

    ReplyDelete