November 9, 2012

Confession: I Eat Junk

I have been avoiding blogging about this for a long time now, but I can't avoid it any longer.  I would be lying if I told you I eat healthy.

I must confess: I have been on a carb and junk food binge for a week now.  My cravings are through the roof lately.  I am allergic to gluten and unfortunately, I love my carbs.  Instead of binging on bread now, I eat potatoes.  Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, potato chips, fries.  You name it, I eat it.  There, its out in the open, no more hiding.

I have been going to the gym every evening and by the time I am done it is 8pm.  Since I get home so late, I feel like I have no time to make dinner, therefore I shall eat junk food instead.  Ridiculous.  So, I stop by the grocery store on the way home from the gym and get something quick that I can eat when I get home. This is such a dumb excuse to eat like crap.

I hate that I do this and it absolutely has to stop.  When I think of eating healthy, I think of having to cook a huge meal and wasting a bunch of time.  But in reality, if I really wanted to eat healthy, I would do it.  Its easy to buy a roasted chicken at the store, or get a bagged salad and buy precooked chicken to put on it.  It is possible to eat healthy and not have to cook a huge meal.  So, me thinking that I have to eat junk food because I don't have time to cook is LUDICROUS.

I recognize eating healthy is something I struggle with and I am vowing right now to work on this.  Last night, I bought a precooked roasted chicken and made some broccoli.  I actually felt full after eating and didn't feel the need to munch all night.  A much better choice than potato chips and popcorn.  As much as I wish someone would create zero calorie chocolate and Cheetos, its just not going to happen.  So, I must find new healthy food that I like.

I can't complain about not losing weight if I am not willing to give it my all.  Losing weight is about exercise and diet.  You can't exercise and eat crap and then expect to look like a super model. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

There we go.  Its out in the open, I can't hide from this any longer.  I am wasting my time exercising so much if I am not willing to change my eating habits too.  My excuses are holding me back from my goals.  I am going to see much more progress if I change my eating habits.

So, here's to making healthy eating a new habit!

Jess


2 comments:

  1. I feel you on this! I have the same problem. This past week there has been so much JUNK food in my house and it's really hard not to eat it instead of the healthy stuff. So I eat it and then say "okay- I'll only buy healthy food now" but that never happens. I don't know if you've heard the saying that after 3 days it becomes a habit... but once you get through that third day, healthy eating is SO easy! It really does work, so maybe you should give it a try :) That's my plan for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is really hard! I have a bad habit of thinking I need to eat the junk food in order to get rid of it, when in reality, it is ok to throw things away or give the junk food to someone else. I am on day four of eating healthier and my massive cravings are slowly going away, but it is definitely hard!

      Delete