October 29, 2012

Weekend in Review

I had a pretty good weekend.  I made it to the gym Friday night and Saturday morning.  Lately at the gym, I feel like I avoid the treadmill.  I hate the fact I can't run like I used to so I tend to just not run at all.  If I can't run fast and run a long distance, then I feel like whats the point?  But, this weekend was different.  I made it a point to conquer the treadmill.

I can't expect to be a good runner again if I avoid running.  No matter how much time I spend on the bike or the elliptical, it isn't going to turn me into a runner.  I decided to start with an inclined, fast walk.  It took me a few miles before I got the courage to run.  Running felt so natural.  I wasn't running a 7 minute mile, but I ran and it felt good.  I thought I would become winded really fast and have to walk, but I was able to watch an entire show before feeling like I was ready to stop.

My body didn't forget how to run and my body remembered how good it feels.  My muscles aren't used to running, so my knees and shins started to hurt eventually.  I am working with my trainer to strengthen specific muscles so I can be sure I avoid injury this time around.  I did a really strong chest/back workout Friday night and worked on my legs and abs on Saturday.  My entire body is still sore from this weekend and it feels SO good.  My lower abs hurt every time I move or laugh, but it reminds me how hard I worked out this weekend.

I also wore my new workout outfit to the gym.  I was pretty nervous to wear my new pants because they were skin tight, but surprisingly, I got a ton of compliments on how cute they were. My body is slowly evolving and it feels so good.

Sunday, however, I skipped the gym.  I went to my Mom's house with my dogs with every intention of going for a run.  My Mom and I took my dogs on a long hilly walk and I did some squats and sit ups while she cooked dinner.  Although I didn't make it to the gym,  I was happy I still got in some sort of physical activity.

Overall, it was a good weekend.  Happy I am exercising and making it a part of my daily routine.

Jess



0 comments:

Post a Comment