October 19, 2012

The Choice is Yours

A couple days ago, I made a list of lessons I have learned on this journey to becoming a better version of myself. I have thought about that list a lot and have decided to add one more.

22. Happiness is a choice. Choose to be happy, everyday.

I absolutely love this one.  I find that I am learning a lot about myself as I attempt to help others improve their lives. In the process, I am learning to listen to my own advice.

I read 'The Secret' a while ago and decided to re-read it about a month ago. I love the idea that you can have anything you want, as long as you attract it.  Thoughts become things.  Like attracts like.  Whenever I want things now, I find myself saying them out loud to myself.  I want to be happy.  I want to be at peace with myself.  I want more money.  I want to be in shape.  I want good, healthy relationships in my life.  I want to be successful.  I make lists of the things I want and keep a vision board.

The key to this idea is, you have to identify the things you want, some things will come to you and others you will have to work for.  I wanted to start working out. The next day after I said that, I got an email with the offer about the personal trainer. I said I wanted good, healthy relationships. The next day I got an email from a friend from high school who wanted to grab coffee and catch up.

I want to be happy.  I find myself making better decisions in order to achieve the level of happiness I am satisfied with.  Everything you want in life is in your hands, you control it.  Thing good things and good things will come your way.  I want good things and good people in my life.  If I am optimistic about the things I want to attract, I will attract those things.

You can have anything you want in life, you just have to choose to have it.  If you are unhappy and miserable, you will attract unhappy and miserable things into your life.  Choose to be happy.  Choose to be thankful for what you do have.  Choose to be successful.  Choose to surround yourself with people who make you better.

Choose what you want and I guarantee you will have everything you want and more.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment