October 26, 2012

Slow Progress is Still Progress

Happy Friday! Barely made it to the gym yesterday. Not sure why, but I got a killer headache yesterday afternoon that I just couldn't get rid of.  I just wanted to stay home and rest, but thought of my blog post yesterday and really didn't want to put my workout off until later.  So, I suited up and went to the gym.  Surprisingly, the second I got to the gym and hopped on the bike, my headache disappeared. I did 35 minutes on the bike and then did a leg workout.  I felt really strong and was happy I pushed myself to go to the gym.

I have been working out consistently for about a month now.  This morning I actually noticed a change in my body.  My shoulders are looking more square, not so round like they were.  I am beginning to be able to actually see my triceps again.  I can see little bits of my old body coming back and it makes all of this work feel so worth it.

Today is casual Friday at work, the only day during the work week that I even put on jeans usually.  I didn't have to wiggle and squirm into my jeans this morning, I was able to put them on like a normal person.  They button without me having to suck it in.  They sit on my waist the way jeans should without my stomach spilling over them.

I know I have a lot of work ahead of me to get to where I want to be, but I love that I can see little bits of progress along the way.  This progress helps keep me motivated and shows that if I stick with it, I will see bigger and better results in the future.  I look forward to see where I am at in a month.


Last Friday, I spent my evening at the gym and felt like a loser in doing so.  Today, however, I actually want to spend my evening at the gym.  I remember how good I felt last Friday and how I was able to get up early Saturday to hit the gym.  I plan on doing the same thing this weekend.  I am realizing that being healthy is a choice, just like being happy is.  I am choosing to be healthy and to make healthier decisions.

I feel good, happy, content and at peace with myself.  So happy I am finally choosing to be healthy and happy.

Happy Friday!

Jess



2 comments:

  1. Congrats! One of the best feelings when I lost weight was going into the garage to find clothes from 5 years previous. Clothes which I couldn't button before, but now required a belt

    I've also found the gym to be the best headache cure. Even the treadmill. Working out cures all. Complete focus on pushing your body leaves room for nothing else. Work problems, social problems, or even physical ailments. All gone. Along with the weight ;)

    KEEP UP THE AMAZING WORK

    ReplyDelete