October 16, 2012

I Still Got It!

I kicked some major butt in the gym yesterday with my trainer. I did more than I honestly thought I could.  I am finding that I am much stronger and powerful than I give myself credit for.  Although my exercise regime has been pretty much nonexistent for the past two years, I still got it!

Part of my fear about getting into the gym again was that I would be so ashamed of how little I could do.  I thought I would be out of breath and exhausted after no time.  I assumed I would  be so incredibly weak.

My body looks different than it did before.  My butt isn't as solid as it used to be and it jiggles when I run.  My stomach isn't as tight as it was before and my calves don't have as much definition.  My strength doesn't come from my body though, it comes from my mind.  I can do whatever I tell myself I can do.  If I think I am going to be out of breath and exhausted, then I probably will be.  But if I think I am going to kick butt and be stronger than ever, then I will be.

Mental strength is key.  I feel like I finally want this for myself. My determination and motivation is bigger than ever.  I am able to push myself beyond the burn and the pain and my muscles are thanking me. Eventually, my body will be as strong as my mind is.

I am learning to give myself a pat on the back when I do a good job and push myself hard.  And yesterday, I gave myself a well deserved pat on the back.

Jess

1 comments:

  1. Good Job! Thats a good start! you will be back in shape in no time, you do have the attitude for it! Just dont give up!

    ReplyDelete