October 22, 2012

I Like Who I am Becoming

What a fabulous weekend. This was the first weekend in months that I haven't gone on a date or had company over.  I kind of thought I would feel a little lonely and depressed, but surprisingly, I felt the opposite.  Free, empowered, on top of the world and best of all, happy.

Friday night, I had a hot date with the gym.  I did about an hour of hard cardio and sweat my butt off! Then I did some weight training.  I have never spent a Friday evening at the gym and to be honest, I thought it was going to be a bunch of single losers without dates.  But, I was so wrong.  I was surrounded by a bunch of motivated individuals that wanted to get a workout in before their evening plans.  I was home from the gym by 8 pm. I could have easily gone to the gym and still have time to go out with friend, if I would have wanted.  I tend to feel that I have to choose between going to the gym and having a social life. Showering and getting ready takes me forever, so I feel like I can't do both.  But, I proved to myself on Friday that I can do both if I choose. I spent the rest of the evening at home with my dogs watching Shark Tank and was in bed by 10 pm.  Loved it.

Saturday, I was up and at the gym by 7:30.  I was the first one to the gym, suppose that is one of the perks of staying in on a Friday night.  I felt SO strong and so powerful that morning.  My body just kept going and going and didn't give out on me.  I did an hour of cardio and did an intense arm and back workout.  So intense that I am STILL sore from it.  Back when I was at my peak of working out, I used to get up every Saturday morning and hit the gym. It just feels good to start your day out with a workout.  After the gym, I walked my dogs and showered.  Met up with some friends and grabbed lunch.  My bestie and I hit the mall afterwards and we went to the pumpkin patch.  I was home by 9:30 and in bed by 11:30.  Just kind of feels good to be home and in bed at a decent time.

I woke up Sunday at 9.  I had every intention of getting up, hitting the gym then visiting my Mom.  My Mom said she felt like she was coming down with a cold, so that changed my plans.  I did laundry and deep cleaned my apartment.  I didn't get to the gym until 3:30.  I was yawning all the way to the gym, yawning on the elliptical.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and did a short legs workout.  Some workouts are better than others, this one just wasn't my strongest workout.  I ended the evening at home with my dogs in front of the fire.


I just felt happy this weekend and I can't really remember ever being as happy as I was this weekend.  Just at peace with myself, content, relaxed and at ease.  I did what I wanted to do, no one influenced my decisions.  I don't have to have a date or be with people constantly to have fun, I can be perfectly ok all on my own. I put my scale away and I just feel so much better than I did before. My clothes still fit the same, but I can feel my body changing and getting tighter and stronger.  I just really like the person I am becoming.


I had a great weekend and I am proud of myself for making it a priority to workout every day over the weekend.  I am feeling really good, better than I have felt in a very long time.

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment