October 24, 2012

Haters into Motivators

Yesterday's workout was awesome.  I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and then switched to the bike for 40 minutes.  I pushed myself harder than ever and had a pool of sweat beneath the bike.  It felt so good. My mind was racing while I was on the bike though.  Yesterday ended kind of rough for me.  I was exhausted and grumpy as it was, and then I got a couple emails notifying me of comments on this blog.  "Probably too fat for the guy". "Probably didn't put out enough". Oh, the list could go on.

Thanks for those sweet comments. So kind of you.

I don't share this blog with too many people in my personal life, so I highly doubt these comments are from someone who actually knows me, but they still stung a bit.  I write these blog posts for myself. Heck, I probably read my own blog more than anyone else does.  My blog motivates me and empowers me to work harder, its a good reminder of where I once was and how far I have come.

I have no idea why people say the things they do or behave the way they do, but I can't allow it to affect my progress or happiness.  I am doing so well on my own.  If some guy thought I was too fat or didn't put out enough, screw him, not my problem.  Focusing on myself and learning to like me right now and if someone doesn't like it, totally ok with me.

I walked into the gym last night pretty irritated and was able to walk out with a clear mind and pretty happy.  I can't control the things people say to me, but I can control the way I react.  I don't have to react at all.  I don't have to say something mean back to them, just going to brush it off.

I had an AWESOME workout thanks to those lovely comments.  They fired me up, helped me push through the pain.  When I started this process, I told myself I wouldn't let myself stand in my way anymore and hold me back.

I refuse to hold myself back and I sure as hell am not going to let someone else hold me back.  Turning haters into motivators!

Jess


0 comments:

Post a Comment