October 31, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

It all counts.  I forget this more often than not.  For the longest time, I didn't want to get back into running because I felt like there was no point in running if I couldn't run my seven minute mile. I saw this quote though:

"Whether its a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile. Its still a mile."

A mile is a mile no matter how fast you run it. At the end of the day, it all counts.  I will never be able to run my seven minute mile again if I don't run.  I am going to have to run a 9-10 minute mile for a little bit in order to get my mileage time back down to where I want it.  But for now, every mile I run is getting me one step closer to cutting my time down.  

I have had a couple mediocre workouts lately and I can't help but feel a little discouraged by them.  Good workouts empower me, they feel so good.  Mediocre ones, however, annoy me. I never go to the gym intending on having a mediocre workout.  But, I am reminding myself that any workout is better than not working out at all.  And every mile I run and every weight that I lift is adding up, getting me a little closer to my goal.

Tonight I am working out with my trainer. She always finds my way to kick my butt and inspire me to be better than I was at the previous workout.  She reminds me that I just need to be better than I was yesterday, work a little bit harder and I will see the results I want eventually.  She reminds me that I am a beautiful person and the number on the scale does not define who I am.  It sounds so cheesy, but sometimes its nice to be reminded of it.  She is 65 years old and reminds me every time I see her that she could be my Grandma.  If she can do it, there is no reason I can't.  

Today, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I am ready to let go of the anger of letting myself go.
2. Ready to be happy again.
3. I want to be confident in who I am.
4. I want my outside to reflect how I am on the inside.
5. I want to have the confidence to date again.
6. I want my seven minute mile back.
7. I am ready for this part of my life to be a part of the past.
8. I feel sooo good when I workout.
9. I want to see results and feel stronger.

Last, but not least,

10. Every workout counts!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment