October 30, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day


If I have learned anything so far this week, it is to be nice to myself.  I love this quote.  It is really hard to be happy when someone is constantly being mean to you, kicking you while you're down, including yourself.  If I sit around and tell myself how awful I look and what not, how in the hell am I supposed to be happy and feel good about myself?  If someone else said half the things I say to myself, I can tell you I would NEVER talk to those people and I would not allow them to be a part of my life.  So why do I allow myself to say these things about myself?

So from this point forward, I am going to promise to be nice to myself.  I tell everyone else in my life to focus on the positive things in life, think about what they are thankful for and to never dwell on the negative.  That, my friend, is fabulous advice.  I need to take that advice too.

To kick off being nice to myself, I am going to go to the gym tonight.  I will focus on how good I feel and how much I enjoy working out and I am going to try and avoid thinking about my appearance.  I also think it is important for me to set up other goals for myself.  My current goal is to lose weight and feel attractive again, but that will come with working out and eating better.  The more I focus on that, the more I lose sight of everything else that is going on.  Maybe my goals need to be things like: doing an extra 15 mins of cardio a day, drinking all my water, walking my dogs a few extra minutes.  Goals need to be things I can actually achieve, and in the process I will feel better about myself and that in itself will make me feel more attractive.  The weight will come off eventually, but that can't be my main goal.  The weight coming off is the reward of accomplishing all of these other goals. I am going to spend time coming up with goals that will benefit me and my happiness.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get my buns to the gym:

1. I didn't really do any cardio yesterday, need to do some today.
2. I feel better about myself when I workout.
3. I really want to be able to run further without my body hurting.
4. We still take Santa pictures every year, and I really want to feel good in the picture.
5. I just want to feel good again, extra weight really weighs you down.
6. I want to feel confident.
7. I want to achieve all the goals I set for myself.
8. I want to see results.
9. Working out is doing something nice for myself.
10. I feel literally on top of the world after a work out.

Last but not least,

11. I learn a lot about myself with every workout.

Jess




0 comments:

Post a Comment