October 26, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

"The only person you should be better than, is the person you were yesterday."

I think most girls, heck maybe even guys too, we have a tendency to compare ourselves to others.  Yesterday, I found myself on the bike, just staring at all the girls in the gym.  "If I could look like her, I would be so happy".  Just wanting what others have, feeling less of a person since I don't look like the fit girls at the gym.  I find myself even comparing myself to my coworkers with this workout/water challenge.  Only wanting to increase my workout time in order to beat them, not because I want to for myself.

The more I sit around and compare myself to others, the more down about myself I get.  But the truth is, I will never look just like the girls at the gym, because I am not them.  Everyone has different body shapes and sizes.  I am 5'8 with curves and I will never be a size zero, my body just isn't built that way.  So sitting on a bike comparing myself to a girl who is 5'1 is so incredibly ridiculous.  

I love this quote above.  Just compare yourself to who you were the day before.  Comparing yourself to others is such a waste of time because it is unrealistic and just  makes you feel worse about yourself.  I really need to work on this.  

But, in order to be better than I was yesterday, I have to do something beneficial for myself.  On my lunch break, I finally bought new running capris and a new top.  For the first time in a very long time, I bought skin tight pants.  There is no flare below the knee or any bagging in the butt.  They are skin tight and I actually felt really good in them.  I also bought a tighter top, no more baggy gross shirts at the gym.  I want to feel good about myself, even when I am dripping in sweat at the gym.  

Tonight, I will be going to the gym in my new outfit, then coming home and watching Parent Trap :) . Low key evening so I can make it to the gym in the morning.  

Today, this is what is motivating me to get my buns to the gym:

1. I can't wait to be able to buy even cuter workout clothes, maybe even a pair of shorts!
2. I love the feeling of a good workout after a long day.
3. I loved seeing a little bit of change in my body this morning, want to see even more.
4. My pants are feeling less snug, can't wait to be able to buy a smaller size.
5. I want my Mom to notice my progress and stop nagging me about my weight.
6. The more I workout, the more I want to go to the gym. 
7. I want to continue improving.
8. Today's workout will be my tenth consecutive day working out.
9. Working out helps me clear my mind of all the stress in my life.
10. I want to be a regular at the gym.
11. I am ready for this to be a habit, something I do everyday without even having to think about it.
12. I am sick of making a new years resolution, every stinkin' year, to lose weight.  
13. I want my face and my neck to slim down.
14. I want to feel so good about myself that there is no need to even compare myself to others.

Last but not least, 

15. Working out gives me confidence in myself and helps me realize I am totally fine just the way I am.

Have a good weekend!

Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment