October 24, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

"Whether it take me a few months or even a few years, I will achieve my goal.  It may come slow, it may come fast, but I will be patient"

I love this. I struggle with being patient.  If I don't see results instantly, then I feel like it's not working.  I can feel my body changing, but I haven't seen it yet.  I am to the point that I want this so incredibly bad for myself that I will keep at it until I achieve my goal.  I don't care how long it takes, because I know if I stick with it, I WILL get there.  Might take months, maybe even years, but I will work my butt off and be patient.

I haven't told too many people in my life what my goals are.  My friends and family don't read this blog.  So, I feel like the support in my life is really lacking. The people I work with know I am working out since I workout with my trainer at the gym in the office.

My boss approached me the other day and asked if I want to do a "Water Challenge".  Track our water intake at work in an excel file.  Who ever has the most amount of ounces listed at the end of the month gets a free coffee from the loser.  This is great for me, because I am not very good at remembering to drink my water.  

Today, she approached me and asked if I want to add working out to our challenge.  One point for every 30 minutes worked out.  I told her I love the idea.  I love competition and if I get a free coffee out of it, I'm all in!  The coolest part was, she told me that I was helping to inspire and motivate her to workout more.  I workout for myself and because it is something I really need to do, but I love that I am able to help motivate someone else along the way.  

Today, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I want to beat my boss in our Workout Challenge.
2. I love the feeling I get when I am done with a good workout.
3. It will put me one workout closer to my goal.
4. I need to buy new workout clothes, it would be awesome to buy them in a smaller size.
5. This will put me one step closer to making this a habit.
6. The more I workout, the more I want to eat healthier.
7. I want to feel even stronger.
8. I want to be able to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit me.
9. I want to be able to go even harder at the gym, increase the resistance when doing cardio.
10. I want to be healthier.
11. I want to be confident in myself, feel good about the way I look and feel.
12. I want to enjoy trying clothes on.
13. I want to be able to run like I used to.
14. I like being able to tell my trainer I how hard I workout even when I am not with her.

Last but not least, 

15. I feel happiest when I workout and do something beneficial for myself. 

Jess

1 comments:

  1. this post is filled with all kinds of awesome. your motivation is through the roof, and so your results will be too. Hope your office never does a green tea challenge. They'll be line for the bathroom all day long. ;)

    ReplyDelete