October 23, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day

I worked out with my trainer last night.  Felt strong and my trainer noticed that my strength has improved.  We did a lot of squats, pushups and a good ab workout.  I was hoping to make it to the gym to do some cardio, but I decided to take my dogs for a walk in the rain instead.

My coworkers are doing a Mustache Dash in a month.  It is a 5K, yet, I said no.  Too terrified to run with people.  What if they are faster? What if I can't keep up?  Disappointed I said no, hoping I will have the confidence to do a race with them soon.

Today, the motivation is majorly lacking. I am totally exhausted and my coffee is not kicking in.  Plus, I have a 60+ minute commute home from work today.  Also...sorry guys, plug your ears...Auntie Flow came for her monthly visit.  My body feels tired and weak and I just want to sit on the couch and eat Cheetos and chocolate. I really don't want to go to the gym, but I really can't afford to miss a week at the gym every month.  If I want this to be a lifestyle and a habit, I need to suck it up even if I struggle.

So, I will be going to the gym whether I like it or not.  I am sure at some point tonight I will end up on the couch with chocolate in my pajamas.  But, I will feel a lot less guilty about eating chocolate if I sneak in a workout.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I will feel less guilty about eating chocolate on the couch tonight after a workout.
2. I am sick of feeling like the biggest person in every group I am in.
3. I want people to believe me when I say I am a runner.
4. I want to feel good.
5. I want this to be a habit.
6. I am ready to think I look good.
7. I want to love myself more than I currently do.
8. I want to feel comfortable in my yoga pants.
9. I want to feel tighter, less jiggly.
10. I want to feel ok wearing loose tops and not feel like they make me look fatter.
11. I want to be able to wear dresses and not feel like my knees are super fat.
12. I am sick of feeling like I am not worth a guys time because I have gained weight.
13. I want to be able to run longer and faster.

Last but not least,

14. Next time someone asks me to run a race with them, I want to have the confidence to say yes.

**So many negative comments on my blog today.  If you have nothing nice to say, please just don't say anything.  I write for personal reflection and to help motivate myself.  I love having others read the blog and love everyone's support.  If you don't like my blog, its ok with me, just please don't flood my page with negative comments. Thanks.

Jess

1 comments:

  1. Way to go Girl! Soon Running will be a lifestyle! :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete