October 22, 2012

Gym Motivation of the Day


Today has been rough.  Nothing went as planned, so I am just rolling with the punches.  Days like this get  my adrenaline going and make me just want to run far away.

I am counting down the minutes until I get to go to the gym and work off this awful day.  The cool thing is, days like this help me realize a change within myself.  Weeks ago, a bad day was just a good excuse to eat lots of junk food and drink a glass of wine.  But today, I don't feel like eating junk food, I feel like pushing myself in the gym.

Slowly, I am discovering who I am and how strong I am.  Each day, I learn a little bit more about myself and I am liking who I am becoming.

Today, this is what is motivating me to get to the gym:

1. I'm having a ridiculously irritating day, ready to kick the gym's butt.
2. I love the way my body and mind feel after a good workout.
3. There are super hot guys at the gym in the evenings.
4. I feel better about myself when I workout.
5. I need to blow off some steam.
6. Going to the gym is my way of doing something beneficial for myself.
7. The gym is more productive than eating my feelings away at home.
8. I want to sweat and feel the burn.
9. I am ready for my pants to feel less snug.
10. When my clothes become loose, I will have a great excuse to go shopping.
11. I want to be able to wear more jackets without them feeling so tight in the shoulders.
12. I want to feel attractive.
13. Running makes me happy.
14. I can't wait to prove my family wrong and show them that I did it.

Last but not least,

15. Each workout helps me learn to love myself even more and helps me be content all on my own.

Jess

1 comments:

  1. "Happiness is neither virtue, nor pleasure, nor this thing nor that... but simply growth"

    Enjoy your run!

    ReplyDelete